chapter 11

Tendou and Hayato briskly walked to the latter's house as the sunshine hit their backs, causing them to sweat profusely. Their shirts were soaked with sweat, but what the red-eyed fellow didn't know is that he was about to be perspired. As they passed Hayato's lawn towards the front door, Tendou felt chaotic energy coming from his new acquaintance. Entering the house, the living room was already visible. Countless empty beer bottles and crushed coca-cola cans could be seen scattered around on the floor. A mini TV was stationed on top of a small wooden table. The red-haired boy couldn't believe that the kitchen seemed like as it was behind a half-broken wooden door next to a ripped sofa. It smelled like rotten, wet wood.

Hayato placed a finger on Satori's back and gently led him toward the basement where there was a hidden boxing room. After every step, it seemed like the stairs were cracking beneath them. Hayato's room was located in the cold basement, where he had a nice 4K TV, microwave, and a couple of musical instruments. Such as a piano and a guitar. Furthermore, there was a metallic door that caught Tendou's interest. As he smirked, the spikey brown-haired took small steps, one at a time, towards the door. As he opened it, the Satori could see many boxing bag stands and a boxing mattress. Grabbing ahold of Tendou's wrist, Hayato pulled him towards one of the bag stands as he gave him a pair of boxing gloves. He backed off and pretended to be one of the frail man's bullies. Satori was confused at first, as Hayato groaned in despair. The latter placed each of the puzzled man's hands in the gloves. He softly sighed, closing his eyes. Only one glare from the brown-eyed fellow made Tendou understand.

As Hayato continued to shout to get Tendou to activate his inner monster, the latter hit him multiple times. But his hit was very soft and weak. Hayato's patience reached his limits as he pushed Satori violently on the floor, causing the red-haired man to hit his head hard so hard that a drop of blood rolled down his forehead and nose. Tendou weakly tried to get up, desperately trying to give himself a boost. As he gradually lifted his head trembling from the soreness, the damaged boy glared at the man, who shoved him, with one eye half-opened. He rushed to the spiky-haired man as quickly as he could, but the Hayato sidestepped, causing Tendou to fall anew on the floor. Hayato grinned in an attempt to trigger Satori's anger. He noticed the man didn't move.

"BRING IT OOOOOOOOOON!"

[Listen to: Louder - Yelawolf & Sam Trocki (ONLY available on SoundCloud/YouTube]

Tendou's exasperation took a wrong turn, as he swiftly turned around and rushed towards Hayato to hit him. The spiky-haired adult then moved his head left and right to avoid Tendou's punches as a response, insulting him as he dodged. Flashbacks of Ushijima saying we have to fight and put up with the rain before getting a rainbow life flashed in Satori's head. His hands were moving much faster, and Hayato couldn't follow the indignant boy's movements anymore. The man got out of that difficult situation by ducking to escape Tendou's punches, rolling on the floor. He caught his breath before yelling anew.

"IS THIS IS ALL YOU GOT?! YOU'RE WEAK!"

Tendou paused, having to catch his breath as his opponent walked towards the counter next to the mattress. He grabbed the water bottle that he uncorked.

"remove your shirt."

"huh?"

"REMOVE YOUR SHIRT!"

Tendou, startled, immediately obeyed, discarding his damp shirt. As soon as his chest was exposed, Hayato splashed freezing water on his torso. A squeaky scream escaped his throat as the brown-eyed man pulled him to a training bag, telling him to practice his punches. Tendou nodded and started to punch again, again and again softly.

"SHOW THEM WHAT YOU'RE CAPABLE OF!

Tendou punched faster, faster, and quicker.

"THEY ALL DISRESPECTED YOU!"

Tendou punched harder, harder, and harder.

"THEY FREAKING TREATED YOU LIKE A DOG! THEY USED YOU AS A PUNCHING BAG!"

Tendou had all sorts of flashbacks of his parents hitting, slapping, and spitting on him. He remembered every boy and girl laughing at his hair and humiliating him in front of the whole class. Talking behind his back as the teachers observed, and didn't do anything to stop them.

"BUNCH OF F*CKIN' JERKS, I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME! I'M A HUMAN BEING TOO. I EXIST FOR A REASON. LEAVE ME ALONE!"

The red-eyed angry man astonished Hayato as he threw his final, most powerful hit to the bag, flinging it on the other side of the room. The staggered boy had his eyes wide opened and curved his lips into a tiny smile. Excited, he informed Tendou that if he can muster this type of energy against his intimidators, he'd have the mentality to confront them. From now on, Hayato wants Satori to think of what just happened in this room whenever he gets ambushed, to boost his confidence. The red-eyed man, exhausted, let himself fall on the floor, back first, as he extended his arms. He smiled as he transpired, hardly being able to breathe. The latter's damped hair was tangled as it hid most of his face. Both men were looking at each other with a grin.

Tendou and his new friend stepped outside, taking a walk and breathing the fresh evening breeze, holding different flavored slushies in their hands. Tendou had a cherry-flavored one, and Hayato had a grape one. It was refreshing as the two gentlemen were fatigued from their workout. As they laughed, they began to talk about random things. Tendou was walking faster than the brown-haired fellow. He turned around to see if he was following him, Hayato disappeared. To his surprise, his surroundings completely vanished. Only nature surrounded the bewildered man. As he continued to keep walking, Tendou thought about Ushijima. That same man appeared before the confused boy's eyes whenever he was alone like an angel coming from the sky. A silence occurred before Tendou offered his drink, reaching out his hands for the taller man with a wide smile.

"Want some slushie?"