chapter 14

[Listen to: Calm surrender- Music Within]

The ocean is vast. As vast as unconditional love, love living deep inside one another. Brutal waves happen, but cold calming water isn't rare. What would happen if the ocean disappeared? Would there be no more sea, lakes, rivers? We could theoretically lose 71% of our water supply. The energy to the poles would be nonexistent as we would die faster than we think. Just like we need a type of energy to keep love between each other. Tendou needed love from someone. With a small branch, he traced a little heart on the thin, white sand that felt soft under his body. Beside was Ushijima laying down, tanning, trying to take advantage of the silence the sea offered him. The waves splashing played a melody, sparkling, as they reflected the pink color of the rosy sky. Seagulls chirped as they flew by in circles. The ocean is everything Tendou wanted to be and more; Beautiful, mysterious, wild, and free. Mostly free.

The boy looked over towards Wakatoshi's resting face, as he recommended that he should dive in the shining, rose liquid. Agreeing, both men removed their shirts and pants, then sprinted towards the sea. Covered by the freezing water, the lovers played in the water, splashing at each other. The water temperature didn't seem to bother any of them as they enjoyed each other's company. They slowly swam towards each other, approaching as their lips smashed together, letting themselves purposely slide underwater. The green and red hair tangled together as they were floating undersea, illuminated by the sunshine that pierced through the water. Hands were touching, grabbing, and caressing as they felt each other's cheeks. Their tongues danced inside, fighting for supremacy. Arising from underwater, the pair giggled as they temporarily separated. Ushijima wrapped Tendou's legs around his waist and placed his strong hands on his lover's back. Intensely glaring into each other's eyes, full of beauty and love, they connected both of their foreheads. Tendou wanted this moment to last forever as waves surrounding them swashed against the couple's backs, gleaming on their skins. Escaping with Wakatoshi was the best decision Satori has ever made in his entire life. The taller man turned, causing his favorite redhead to fall behind him, creating a fun moment they could remember later on.

"I feel so alive all of a sudden. This has never happened to me before."

"It happens. 'Wanna go for ice cream?"

Getting out of the water, the pair realized they didn't bring towels. Shivering, Tendou got closer to Wakatoshi and pressed himself onto his arm that soon swaddled his trembling, cold body. They immediately found a small ice cream shop. Tendou ordered a chocolate cone as Ushijima chose pistachio. Sitting on plastic chairs, the two flirtatiously rubbed each other's fingers, and two nearby men threw a couple of insults at the couple. However, they paid no mind as they were in love and happy with each other's presence, but that didn't prevent others from directing offensive words at them. Insulted, Tendou looked down as the green-haired man got up, getting ready to send the cruelty right back at those punks. As soon as the stronger man's got up from the seat, long fingers grasped his forearm. Pulling him down, Tendou stood up instead, rushing towards the two delinquents. He was taller than them. He glared at them, fixing their eyes. Tendou violently grabbed both of the boys by their shirts, letting them know how mentally strong he was. And that no one should mess around with him anymore.

As soon as they ran away, Tendou fell on his butt but kept his head up to contemplate the sunny, blue sky. Taking a deep breath, he smiled, glad that he could confront the people who attacked them. Thanking Hayato, he felt the wind blow on his skin as he turned to Ushijima, showing that they could leave. The situation amazed the latter so much that he deeply fell more in love.

"There is a festival taking place tonight. It's Friday night. We should go and have fun."

Ushijima's suggestion pleased the red-haired fellow as they returned to the car. An odd idea tickled Tendou's mind as he explained to his companion that he didn't want to use the truck. He wanted to walk to the festival, hand in hand, taking the opportunity to experience a pleasant walk alongside the beach.

[Listen to: The lights - Brian Tyler]

One step at a time, they strolled along the sand, letting the faint breeze play with their hair. Tendou was trying to keep his balance on a narrow sidewalk border as he was walking. After a couple of minutes of silence, the latter took Wakatoshi's left hand, jumped off the border, and ran in front of the green-haired man. Turning around to face him, Tendou smirked as he slammed Ushijima's palm against his torso.

"I want to see the world with you and be as free as the ocean!"

Tendou pulled the muscular man closer to him as he kept talking more softly.

"I want to do so many things with you, Wakatoshi~Kun."

Ushijima picked Tendou up, carrying him like a prince charming who just saved the princess from a dangerous dragon. The couple enjoyed the romantic moment they were having, wandering along the peaceful sea. Time passed. It was already five in the afternoon. Satori laid down on Ushijima's back, his legs and arms wrapped around his lover's body. His warm breath whispering against Wakatoshi's right ear; he had his eyes lazily open. Focusing on the brightness of the ocean, the latter tiredly mumbled words into his friend's cold ear.

"I cherish you above everything else in my life... Since the day I met you, I've felt different in the most incredible way. Thank you for existing~."

Tendou gradually fell asleep on Ushijima's back.

"Thank you... God, for letting me meet the best angel you sent on Earth..."

As Tendou dozed off, Ushijima let a tear roll down his cheek, holding Tendou's tibias tighter. The ocean wind blew slightly harder, causing the tears to fly away.

The ocean, a massive pool of wonders. Just like Satori to Wakatoshi. A fascinating boy he met a couple of days ago, under the LED lights. Love at first sight, something the muscular man didn't know could happen to him. Following the festival's path, the two men walked three more hours as they arrived at their destination.

But anything was okay, as long as he remained by Tendou's side. The man he fell in love with.