chapter 7

Tendou weakly attempted to sit up on his bed. His legs were feeble as his unfocused vision slowly started to become clear anew. The frail adult put his right hand on his forehead, rubbing it delicately. He decided to shower, but as soon as the latter stood up, dizziness took over his body. He concluded that last night wasn't a dream, as he felt his naked, glittery chest. A smile and blush appeared on his face as he was relieved that he met Wakatoshi.

"I need to see him again."

He gradually sauntered in the direction of the bathroom to the right of his room. As he placed his hand on the handle, he twisted it, but it took the low adult several times to open the wooden bathroom door. He turned on the light and stared at himself in the mirror. He still had all the glitter, and makeup stuck on his pastel skin. The colored powder and shimmers had melted on. His face looked like it was beaten. Tendou reached for the shower handle and rotated it, letting the cold water flow on his nape.

[Listen to: When it hurts to remember - Hammock]

As the young boy languidly turned his head of wet hair, he peered the light switch. Satori proceeded to turn it off before setting foot in the chilly shower, with pants on. Lifting his head, the water on his face started to clean his body. Tendou's makeup rolled down his skin, making it look like he was crying sparkly blood. The bottom of the bath twinkled. The 6'2 man opened his mouth to allow some glitter in. He then closed his mouth and casually spat the shimmering liquid, running down his pointy chin. Tendou's red hair blocked his view, as his eyes were still half-opened. Unbothered by the hair and water around his eyes, the latter stared at the waterdrops falling in his direction. He was lost in his thoughts. Wakatoshi was on his mind. Unable to stand anymore, Tendou leaned to lay down in the bathtub to try and relax. He allowed his arms to extend on each side of the borders. Without doing it on purpose, the incapacitated gentleman clogged the shower drain. Tendou closed his eyes, but slowly the water raised gradually. He fell asleep in the bath, with the water level elevating until it reached his nose. Semi opened the door, walking to the toilet as he was about to use the bathroom. Luckily, he saw his roommate about to drown. Semi had good vision. He could easily see in the dark. He pulled his sick friend out of the cold liquid and yelled out his name.

"Hey! Tendou, what the hell!?"

Tendou coughed up water from his nose and grasped the grey-haired man's shirt, suffocating. He didn't understand what just happened, as he felt too weak to respond and think about the situation. Semi helped him out of the tub to recover, giving Tendou a towel and a pair of pajama pants. The red head's right arm was around Semi's nape as the latter held his left hip to avoid falling. Dragging him to the kitchen, Semi sat his weak friend on a stool. He was visibly hungover.

"My poor friend, you were so wasted last night. You must not remember anything."

Semi was right. All Tendou could recall was meeting Ushijima and the fact that he almost placed his thin, soft lips on his. Everything blurred out with colorful waves surrounding different gloomy rooms. The trembling boy lazily looked up and met Semi's doleful face.

"I can't get addicted to the pills you gave me last night, right?"

"You can only be addicted to the feeling of it. But it's not like any other harder drugs out there. So don't worry."

Semi explained, trying to reassure his roommate before asking if he enjoyed the feeling. Then he asked if he would retry the tabs. To which Tendou responded that he would not try it again in a million years, even though the feeling was incredible. Semi chuckled and pointed out that the alcohol he drank was a silly idea. He should never have mixed it with the acid. A sudden ache sprang up on Tendou's head. He brought Ushijima to the conversation, informing the mocking adult that he missed him. Semi put the palm of his hand on Tendou's right shoulder, cheering him up. He stood up and walked over to the fridge, and grabbed a bottle of water before pouring some in a glass. He handed it to his roommate. Satori drank it all in one sip, then let his head drop on the counter. He moaned as his fingers formed a fist. He wanted to meet Wakatoshi again. The tall and muscular green-haired man was the only one who could make Tendou feel special.

Tendou decided that he needed to go to the grocery store and buy some fruit for a potential energy boost. His roommate, however, hesitated and wanted to go instead of him. Or at least go with him. Tendou denied the invitation as he stumbled back to his room to put some clothes on.

[Time skip to grocery store]

Satori looked around, hoping he would bump into Ushijima. A middle-aged, strong-looking man collided with the red-haired boy, causing him to drop all the fruit he had in his basket. The man glared at the low young adult as if it was entirely his fault that Tendou bumped into him. Tendou's mental fortitude was much lower than usual, as he did not want to get into any disputes, or he would most likely burst into tears. He leaned over to pick up what fell on the floor, but the cruel man held onto Tendou's arm. That caused the orange he had to slip out. Sighing, he noticed that he was too weak to fight back. Apologizing, he quickly walked to the register and bought what was left in the basket. Which unfortunately was not a lot since Satori was too weak to pick up the rest. Leaving the store, he spotted his bullies lurking in the parking lot.

"Ah, shit... not now, please."

To his non-existent surprise, the odious boys found Tendou and decided to have a little bit of "fun" with him. They approached the saddened adult and started throwing random branches they found on the ground. They started running after him. However, Tendou's legs would not obey his brain. He was stuck. Accepting his fate, he just looked up at the sky, and tears rolled down his rosy cheeks. One of the repugnant adults shoved Tendou, causing the sorrowful man to hit the ground hard. Powerless, the dejected boy let the tyrants kick him around as they knock him down. A couple of seconds passed, and Tendou was left on the gravel with a bloody nose and forehead. Blood traveled down his chin, passing by his mouth, which allowed him to taste the iron flavored red liquid. The fruit he bought lay smashed on the ground. Thinking of Ushijima, Tendou believed that he would never meet him again. The beaten man was certain that he was never could be happy.

"Why can't I have nice things like everyone else? Why can't I be happy and have a good life, like everyone else..?"

The rain started pouring on his abused figure as he closed his eyes, trying to rest.