𝐐&𝐀

Wow. That was a journey. A short one, but it was a journey nonetheless.

Regardless, thank you so, so much for clicking 'read' on my book, and every single read, vote, and comment I see (I love you all so very much, and sometimes I stalk my readers and read their books lmao). I don't quite have words, even as I am writing this note months after the book became complete. If you want to skip past this message, go ahead, but I will be discussing a few things so you might want to read.

FIRST OFF: Aziel would never end up with Romina. I've seen far too many comments wishing he'd stay— but could you truly expect him to? The guy is a demon, whose purpose is to breed half demons & feed off the energy human arousal produces. I don't think the whole impregnation thing is historically accurate ( I really didn't research much, but I saw something about changelings and went YES this is an idea), so let's ignore that :DD

SECONDLY: This is kind of personal, and I probably shouldn't be saying it online for thousands to see- but subconsciously, when I wrote this, I didn't even realize how manipulative Aziel was being. I did not know the mess I'd created until about thirteen chapters in where I came up with the ending (from then on it was intentional), but as I wrote, I was as blinded as a lot of you were. A sexy demon who knows how to make a woman come? Sign me up. But the longer I've had to think back on this book, the more I come to despise Aziel in his very essence.

My mind was at war with itself. I had been continuously mistreated in my childhood by someone I held dearer to my heart than anyone. When I cried from my parents, I'd turn to them. When I did literally anything, I turned to them. It was a bond so golden and beautiful thinking back, I wish I could live with that feeling of absolute love and devotion again. But there were touches. There were comments. There were things that a child should not have had said or done to them— or anyone of any age, for that matter. I was so young and naïve (almost exactly like Romina) and I didn't know that it was wrong, so I went along with it.

It hurts because I am not yet a year older than I was when I wrote this, but so much has changed. I confronted the person and told my mom about it. Part of me wants to believe this goddamn smut book helped me see it, but it's more eerie than anything. If you read back knowing all this, you won't feel the same way about the book. I read scenes and my mind falls back to my younger years. Certain words, certain mannerisms...ARGH. Anyways. This isn't my therapy session. THANK YOU FOR READING. YOU ARE LOVED. YOU ARE WORTHY.

Please don't pry into my personal life, because I'm fine and safe. I just wanted to point out that little 'easter egg (?)' because I found it interesting. Subconsciously building the trauma I had not yet realized into my writing, now that is something I didn't know I would end up doing with my life.

Onto the Q&A:

If your question isn't answered, feel free to leave it here >> and I will reply as soon as possible <3

How old is Aziel?

This question was actually quite popular, followed by the "wait...is he a demon??????" yes. He is a demon. He is not bound by mortal constraints such as a set physical form nor a lifespan. He is an entity. However long he's roamed the earth....I don't believe that matters to him, for him, it is to simply complete his purpose. So his age? Old. Quite, quite old.

Is Romina pregnant?

Yes. But because her baby is half human, half demon, things will be a little different.

What time is this set in?

Modern era. They wear corsets because I didn't think anything in this book through (wrote this before it became a trend lmao)

What's an incubus? And what's the difference between that and a succubus?

An incubus is essentially a sex demon. They're demons that seduce women and impregnate them with demon babies. There wasn't a whole lot on the web about demon babies, but what I got from it was: they're half demon, half human // can be called 'changelings' // cause a fuck-ton of problems. Succubi are the female equivalent of incubi.

You said you researched the religious aspects of this story when you started...what exactly were those aspects?

Sex demons, of course.

Why wasn't it a happy ending?

I love tragedy (it doesn't involve death, so it technically isn't a tragedy), and I honestly couldn't see a demon marrying a human if you know what I mean.

How do you finish a book?

Find one that interests you a LOT (I couldn't focus on my math homework or anything, just this, for the first month that I wrote it. I was oBSESSED. That's the only reason I carried out this long). Wait for that story to come along and then invest yourself in it. Much luck to you <3

What do I read after this? I'm so lost :(

Disillusion, because it's going to be the next in the "series".

I hate you for ending it like this. (not a question but I'm expecting these comments lmao)

I hate me too, so we're on the same page. The only thing supporting my self confidence is my ability to write and a few other select activities.

Will there be a continuation/epilogue/etc...

No. I always hate when author's do that. The ending is the end. Yeah, the character's lives go on past it, but I ended it there for a reason.

**Morphine is not a continuation nor an epilogue. It is a different story but it has some *things* in it that you'll only recognize after reading this book. Ex: Romina

Only recently have I noticed the splurge of support in this book <3 I am forever grateful. Thank you for sticking along for the ride. If you'd like, leave a review, and I'll put it in the description for new readers to see! No pressure of course. And be honest!

If your question isn't answered, feel free to leave it here >> and I will reply as soon as possible <3