CHAPTER 1

Lisa :
"what?" I ask without realising the tone of my voice - causing the whole restaurant to go quiet and look at me . I immediately cover my face in my hands ; embarrassed. Muttering curses under my breath , I slowly look up at my mother to find a small smile on her face .

"You heard me , sweetheart " her mom said taking bite of her food . Both of her brown eyes looking at me , my mind can't seem to take the pressure I was feeling at the moment.
"What does that even mean ?" I groan while rubbing into my temples , feeling my stress radiate .

My mind couldn't forget the words she said a few minutes ago . She told me that I was engaged to a well known prince of Korea . Not only that she also told me that I was engaged to the so called prince ever since I came in this world, took first fresh breath of air .my mother might be insane , she might need to be checked at the hospital, but I knew that's not it .

"Lisa , what's so shocking about it ? You are 25 this year , you don't have a boyfriend, you are beautiful, available,so- you shall get married . It's destined for you . Others girls would have dying on their feet to marry a prince , I really don't like the reaction of yours " my mother said shaking her head in disagreement.

My eyebrows furrow,not really believing what my mother said " I don't want to get married mother. I am 25 , single,beautiful but not available . There is nothing you can do to force me into this ,cause I have control over my own damn life " I force myself into a smile while trying to calm myself down.

To my surprise she chuckles , as I stare at her , I try to seek answers . She looked calm and prepared.as if she had already thought of this before.

" you simply don't understand do you ?? The agreement was made between your great grandfather and the previous king of Korea. The royals take such things seriously, they don't tend to fool around " my mother said ." No , I am not doing this, this is going to do nothing other than ruin my life .
" sweetheart, I can't do anything about this, the agreement was made before your father and I were even born " she caressed my hand , but I wasn't taking it .when it comes to my temper I wasn't good at handling it and everyone in my family knew about it.

Mum and dad had a divorce when I was 15 due to the fact that they cannot solve things very well . Dad also said that they weren't compatible any more and that if they stayed together for a longer time their hatred would only grow and leave deep scars . So now apart from their divorce they are still close friends .
" wouldn't you like it if I married someone I love ??" I asked her slowly but calmly
" like your father and I " she replied
"Exactly "
" that's what I want for you darling , to marry the man that you love , plan your future together,I want the the best for you honey "
We sat in silence , both of us enjoying it while our minds raced with thoughts , suddenly I got up and hugged her , she soothed me down .
" I love you mum " I whispered near her ear
" I love you more " she whispered back
I settled the bill and walk down the streets unable to forget anything she said , why me I thought .why me