CHAPTER 2

JK :
I open the door to see a familiar black haired women standing in front of me with smile on her face . I know that there's got to be something. " mother- " I mutter while I respectfully bow earning myself a push , so that she can enter . I take a few steps back seeing that she bought 2 bodyguards along.

As I turn around I see her wandering around the house probably mocking it in her mind . Without a further ado I close the door and step to the Center of the living room , " I know that's not yours ,Kook " my mother said pointing towards a white blouse , clearly a women's clothing.

To my surprise ,she stands up and heads straight towards my bedroom , I immediately follow her "what are you doing??" I ask , but she chose to ignore me . When she opened the door there lay a girl with dark blonde hair, still in deep slumber. My mom closed the door gently , grabbed my wrist " so this what you have been doing in Busan ? Living like a man with no purpose? Who is she ? Is she you girlfriend?" She questioned, making me put both of my hands on her shoulders and slowly letting her sit down on one of the sofas .

Both her hazel eyes won't stop glaring at me . I knew she was dissatisfied. Ever since I was 18 I moved to Busan cause I never wanted a typical prince's life , with all the duties and restrictions. I wanted to live a normal life like a commoner .
Apart from that I furthered my studies here .

I know she has been keeping tabs on me even in Busan . I am the only child and next in line to the throne , no wonder she takes such good care of me . Hey , not complaining . But sometimes due to her motherly love and concern I don't have my own privacy .she says it's for my safety.

"Is she a prostitute ?? " mother asked me which caused my to widen slightly
"No , she's just a friend " I replied but it didn't seem to satisfy her

Honestly , I barely knew her . The only thing I remember is that I went to the club last night , she kept trying to get my attention, I got drunk to think , which explains why she is in my house on my bed ,so clearly something happened last night .

" friends don't have sexual intercourses " she responds and I chuckle - I realised that it's been a while since I talked to her . I missed her and her voice , I missed her nagging me a bit more cause she always did it on phone .

" well it's a bit creepy when you say it like that " I said
She rubs her temples " oh honey at leat she's not your girlfriend, that would have broken my heart . She was not what I imagined for a daughter in - law. Now I think about it she was far from what I thought. Too far " she satiated the truth .
I just chuckled at her comment .
" you seemed to have learned a lot staying on your own " my mom added
" I learned cooking if you must know " I said while smiling

My mom just shook her head , but before I knew it the atmosphere changed....into something that I didn't anticipate for ....something serious.
I looked at my mom , one look at her I knew she was going to spill one of her secrets which she was very good at keeping , the anticipation grew while I was confused about whether I wanted to know or not .

" I will ask you once again , do you have a girlfriend??" She asked me dead serious

Being a part of royalty I couldn't trust everyone easily especially the girls I went out with because sometimes they could be pure at heart but sometimes they could also be there due to my money .

"No , I don't plan on getting a girlfriend " I reassured her , suddenly her face lit up
" that's good because you are getting married!! " she said absolutely delighted, she looked like she had known this first a while . while I just stood there staring at her in disbelief .
After a while ......
" no , no I am not going to marry a girl I barely know.......no chance " I said with full determination.

After this statement my mother told me about the agreement between the previous king and her great grandfather......how she thought it was fate .....and that I had no option ..

I just stared at the ground unable to believe a word she said . It was too much for me to accept in a day .that's when I noticed the girl in my room had come out
" it's late .I am gonna go " she said .  Before going she pecked my cheek and left

After some time I realised  that I didn't care about whatever happened , I just wanted to be out this mess . I told my mom again and again but she came back at me as if she was prepared about this . Later on I just gave up. I wanted to change the topic because I wanted more time to think about it .

" mother are you hungry " I asked her
"  yes dear , it's time to test your skill now !! " she said enthusiastically and I chuckled thinking about when I told her that I learned cooking by staying on my own , The  time when I was as carefree as I could be without having anything to worry about. 

While cooking my mind raced with all types of things.... everything about the girl I barely knew
" mother can I at least know her name?? " I asked while thinking about her
"Lisa "

Even if marry her I might come to like her or might come to dislike her . If we are going to marry we are going to spend the rest of our lives together and mother will expect us to have children at least a child which I know won't be happening soon .

" has she already filled your mind " mother asked causing me to chuckle slightly

Surprisingly , yes even though I don't have a single clue of how she looks like or how she is - I'll try my best to imagine her as someone I want to spend my life with ; putting away any negative thoughts

Lisa that's a pretty name I thought