CHAPTER 3

Lisa :
It's been a week since the talk with my mom , I took the whole week to sort out things without hesitation because I wanted to figure out things instead of keeping them .such things always had some kind of effects on me . I didn't let my personal feeling disturb my restaurant though.

Apparently, mum booked the flight ticket earlier than I expected. She told me that she knew I would think through it and accept it sincerely but then she also thought that there would be a high chance of declining. That's the truth ; I had considered declining but like Rosé said ( my best friend who I talked to about this while considering declining) why not give it a try other than living in regret .

" you could be wrong " I say while I turn to look at her
Her lips curve up into a small smile " I could but you are here with me - in Seoul , fulfilling your fate . No one can run away from everything right Lisa ? " she said while applying lipstick looking into the mirror.

I glance one more time in the mirror before we start to make our way towards the exit and my eyes widen when I saw a black limousine parked at the front catching almost everyone's attention mainly because of the two flags in front of the car . My eyes wander to see if it is even possible to look inside the car , but very soon I got to know that it was impossible.

Mum and I stand still not knowing what to do
" I thought we were getting a cab ?? " I asked and she nodded too . By just seeing her facial expression I understood that she didn't have any idea of what's happening either

To my surprise the royal chauffeur came towards us , he looked like he was in his 40's . Within seconds he took our bags and placed it in the trunk and opened the door for us .

" I am sorry but as my mother informed we are getting a cab " I said trying to make sure he wasn't picking up the wrong person or anything because that's far from what I want at the moment .
He looked at me and replied " I am sorry miss but I was tasked to pick you and mrs. Kim at the airport - as requested by the queen .

My mother smiles and gets into the car . I sigh while watching her get comfortable, a minute later I followed her too. The car was filled with silence , I sighed again ....my mind racing with thoughts. My mum noticed and asked me if I was okay
" I am not sure about all this " I replied
My mum just kept her silence not knowing how to soothe me down .

I laid back thinking that I was going to meet the queen and the prince - my fiancé , well that's what everyone called him . The whole ride was awkwardly quiet . She was quite excited, I could see, truth be told . She was more than ready to meet the queen and her future son in - law . I don't know what I should be feeling
Excited- casual - nervous- scared ??

Deep inside I don't feel anything except this curiosity, I didn't know how he looked like and I didn't know if he knew how I looked like. But with the royals you can never be sure cause they can have every single thing if they wanted it .
To clear my mind I see outside the car to see people filled streets bright and welcoming, the scenery was something else seeing it with the emotion filled in me .

" don't you miss this place ? " I asked my mum . This was the place mum and dad had met . Dad had been born here while mum came here for here studies . I looked around to see her eyes filled with emotion. I couldn't deny that this place was beautiful.

" there are a lot of memories here in Seoul , one of them was meeting your father , we met here , spent our time here and even declared our love here . Lisa you should know that I still love your father but sometimes it doesn't last forever . " she looked towards me with pure sincerity.

" don't be like me Lisa , I let the man I love go , I want your life to be with the person you love ,filled with happiness and completed with true love . If things don't go the way that you planned or wanted . If you change your mind , tell me and I will get you out of here as soon as possible . " she added

We quickly have each other a hug after this . I'm lucky to have a mother like her . This agreement has nothing to do with her , she just wants best for me . After my heart was terribly broken I had no desire in dating , I want a love that lasts till my last breath . Even though I am not an expert in love , I have my own concept.

"We'll see soon enough " I said

If only I had a sibling to pour my worries and sorrows into , then it would have been so much better .

As soon as I catch a glimpse of the palace I felt attracted to it , truthfully- it all feels like a fairy tale but not all of them end with love and happily ever afters . A few do end with sorrow , pain and so many things more .
The car stopped at the entrance of the palace , mother and I immediately step out , we see the palace taking in its mesmerising beauty with awe and respect . My eyes quickly focus onto a black haired woman coming down the steps with a smile on her face.

" Welcome , it's very lovely to meet you two " she says in the Gyeonggi dialect . While we respectfully bow to her . Then her hazel eyes meet mine , hers immediately showing awe in them
"Oh dear , you are a very beautiful young lady " she adds grabbing onto my hand. I smile at her feeling my cheeks heat up .

Seconds later we were both invited to step inside the palace, making us take the view as much more further and deeper. As soon as we stepped inside the palace , we were speechless. Everything seemed so beautifully arranged and expensive.

Now we are in one of the rooms where we are just standing in the middle .

"It's very rude not to introduce myself , I am queen Jeon Soo Young but you can just call me Soo Young . Apparently my son is quite late than usual - it's very rare of him to act this way - my apologies " she said , to which mother and I just smile , not knowing how to react to royalty.

"I am Kim Mi So and this is my daughter Kim Lisa "my mother introduced / replied

"Of course, I have known her existence ever since she was born " the queen Jeon Soo Young says before she starts to look at the door but I stay still , Not really wanting to turn around and see if it's her son .

The sounds of 2 doors opening start to bother my heartbeat-

Why me she thought again , that one thought etched in her mind while the doors opened , mind racing with thoughts
Why me ??

***