Part XXII

Y/n POV

"I can't believe you're out here, Mama Jones. Thought you ain't love me no mo'." I tell Ms. Jones as she chuckles before drinking the glass of wine I offered.

"Don't start that mess, you know I have to come out to LA to see you because you're kind of my second child. How's Diamonté doing?" She ask as I sit down with her at my table.

"She's doing good, you know I just met her mom and she's cool as hell. And she really approved of me I think." I explained as she listened intently. "And imma be honest with you. This is the first time I've met somebody's parents. Shit this is the first time I've been serious with somebody to even go there. But it hurts at the same time." I say causing Ms. Jones to frown.

"What do you mean, hon?" She asks visibly concerned by my mood swings.

"I mean you know my family situation. I ain't got no blood relatives that I'm close to. My mama gone, my dad didn't want me, and then comes back and takes my grandparents away from me. Like how should I feel?" I vent as she reaches over wiping my tear. Why am I doing this right now?

"Y/n, baby, you have to understand that you can't blame yourself for choices adults made in your life." She starts as I listen while taking another swig of my drink. "Yeah you ain't got close family right now but you have me, my son, who loves you, you got Christopher, Demario, but most importantly, you have Diamonté. So don't allow your past to disrupt your present and future. Plus, you can always look for family when you're ready."

I mean, I could but what if they don't want me? Like I already was abandoned by my father and looked how that shit turned out. But what if they're different and they could accept me? I wouldn't know until I try right?

"Well speaking of family, you know my son, Nathan, is coming home for a few days and he's bringing a friend with him to stay with us." She brings up to lighten the mood.

"Oh fr? How's school going for him down in Louisiana?"

"Oh he loves it down there. And he loves his business classes but it's this one math class but overall, he's good. At first, it was sad for me having my baby boy go so far away because it's just been us. But I had to learn to let him live and start a new phase." She explains as I nod.

"Well, you know math is my favorite subject so I might be able to help him, that's my boy. And who is he bringing home with him?"

"Some boy from school that he's cool with. Says he's from Baton Rouge." She explains as I nod.

"Well you know my home is open to all y'all so just say the word." I reassure her as we continue to talk.

About an hour went by and Mama Jones had to go pick up her son and his friend so I stayed back at the house texting Di. She said she was probably going to head over here after her studio session since Mama Jones wanted to see her.

Eventually, I heard a car pull-up in my driveway and told Di I would text her when she gets done. Then, I went to the door to open it and in walks Mama Jones, Nathan (Nate), and the mystery friend.

"Oh shit look who finally came to visit his big sis." I joke with Nate as we quickly dap up.

"Now you know I talk to you like twice a week, nigga so don't do that." He says seriously, rolling his eyes while I laugh. I then look over behind him to see his friend look uncomfortable.

"Oh shit, my bad. What's your name, friend?" I ask Nate's friend. "Adrian" he says while shaking my hand. "I know that accent from anyway.. you from Louisiana?" I ask causing him to chuckle.

"Baton Rouge born and raised, but I stayed mostly wit my teedy (auntie)." He explained as I listened intently. He continued to explain his personal life, from how his mom was in jail most of his life, to his dad not being there neither, and other things.

"So what you studying down there at LSU?"

"I just switched from Law to Business. I thought I coulda been a lawyer to get my mama outta jail, but that shit hard den a mfer. So I changed it, a nigga be spendin money just to fail. They got me fucked up." He says making me laugh. This dude is funny as fucked.

"So how did you meet Nate?" I asked him since Nate was upstairs with his mama.

"We met in economics class. No cap, I thought this nigga was annoying as fuck." He admitted making chuckle lightly. "But he cool peoples so ain't no problems."

"Well, Nate is a good dude. I know since I've known him and Mama Jones, they've been good family to me since I don't have much family out here." I say causing to look confused.

"Wait, they not yo blood?" He asks out of curiosity as I nod. "So are you close to yo blood?" I shake my head saying "no".

"I'm not close to them. The only relatives I was close with was my maternal grandparents because my mom died years ago. And my dad just dropped me off on they're porch. All I know is that he's from Baton Rouge."

"You cappin?" He ask as his eyes go big. "You know his name?"

"Damien Broussard." I reply and then he goes pale.

"Was he lightskin, tall, with a bunch of tattoos and light brown eyes?" He says as I immediately nod, just as confused as he is.

"That's my dad's name."
———————
Sorry for the short chapter but I needed a filler to make the transition I was trying to make.