Part XXVI

Y/n POV
"As informed in the contract, we will be investing exactly $50 million for the purchase of the distillery, which will be located in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region of Cognac, France. The purchase also includes the acres of land that the distillery will sit on, and the recruitment of employees, which includes farmers, winemakers, and transporters that will allow for the processing and distribution to commence. Do you agree to the terms we have said to you, Ms. Broussard?" Jerry, one of my investors, ask me as I nod to the terms once I finish reviewing the contract.

I was currently in the meeting that would finally start the process of the distribution of my cognac business, Laurent, which is named after my granddad.

I can't necessarily explain the excitement going through my head right now. It's like everything going for me has been good since I've changed my life around after getting out of jail. From being able to start my own weed business to getting into real estate to now starting this alcohol brand. And I can't forget meeting my baby.

I never would've thought that I would be ready to commit to somebody. I was so afraid to do so because I was nervous to trust anybody again with my heart. But this girl has changed that. She makes feel vulnerable and I'm not scared about that and that makes me crazy over her. Like, if she ever tried to leave me, I'll kidnap her back.

Anyways, after signing the contract, my lawyer asked for double copies and we waited until their assistant came back to hand them to us. Afterwards, we talked about other smaller topics and objectives before we were officially done with the meeting.

"Well congratulations are in order to you, Ms Broussard. We're pleased to see the profit and progress of your spirit line as well as the advocation for abuse victims in order to change the world." They said as I got up to thank them and shake their hands.

"I appreciate the honesty. I will not let you down and make sure that this will be nothing but a success for all of us." I conclude before we part ways.

After we step out, I thank my attorney, Chad, before I get to my car and once I get in, my driver pulls off.

I then text Di telling her in on my way to the house. She told me she made a doctor's appointment today and that she would be at my house before I get back. She also told me to pick up some snacks before I get back because she was starving. She sent me a list and when I tell you it's the most random set of foods, it looks like something a pregnant woman would eat.

Once I get to the store, I look and get the following items: Hot Cheetos, Fiji water, Sour Punch Straws, Pickles, Bagels and Cream Cheese, and etc.

Eventually, I get done and my chauffeur helps me put the groceries in the car before driving us to my destination. Once we reach my house, I thank the driver and transfer him $10,000 for his work. I then get the bags and go to the door and low and behold she's at the door waiting for me.

Before I can sit the bags down, she pounces on me, showering me with loving kisses.

"Dang bae can I get settled right fast." I say while chuckling making her suck her teeth. She then grabs my face to kiss me again, this time making me accept it fully.

"You're settled enough. But thank you, Pooh." At this point, I don't even argue with her about the nickname, she has made it known she's not letting up.

I eventually changed clothes and after that, I went to find Di in our bed eating her snacks like she ain't ate all day.

"Damn bae slow down you eating like you starving." I say while just observing.

"Uh Uh don't do that and you don't know my hunger status. Mind the business that pays you overtime."

I mean not that hurt a little bit I'm going to show her that. After some time, she stopped eating and I could since a feeling nervousness.

"You good mamas?" I ask her fully concerned. Honestly, I've bot pestered her regarding what we talked about when she was in New York but now I need to know. She immediately sighed before turning towards me to speak.

"Ok so you know how I went to my doctor's appointment to check on cold I thought I had?" She ask as I nod. "Well they checked my temp and I didn't have a fever but it was more serious." I get confused but my expression changes when she gives me a card with my nickname on it. I open it and it holds an ultrasound. My eyes go big from the realization.

"You pregnant?" I ask as she nods waiting impatiently for my next comment. "Imma be a parent.. like to a human?" I say excitedly as she slowly smiles and laughs when I pick her up and around her around.

"Baby slow down before I throw up." She laughs as I kiss all over her face before placing her down but not letting her go. "Yes I'm pregnant. Well, 3 weeks to be exact." She explains. "I was so surprised though because while I was in New York, Whit told me to take a pregnancy test for safe measure. But it came back negative so I thought maybe it was something else."

As I'm listening, it really hits me that... I'm about to have a baby. And I don't feel scared. I'm happy right now.

"So were you scared to tell me, mamas?" I ask as she nods before looking down.

"I mean I was nervous and I know I'm still working on my therapy stuff, but it's so hard not to revert back sometimes. And I'm not afraid to have a baby with you, I think I was just nervous of how you would react. Plus, you've mentioned that you're scared to have kids too. I just want to make sure this isn't a mistake you know." She explains as I listen intently. I honestly didn't know that's how she felt but I'm glad she told me. I then picked her head by her chin so her eyes were on me.

"I know that you was scared but don't feel that way. I know first hand how it feels to be without my parents and I will never put my child... our child through even a half of what I went through. This is a new journey for us but as long as we work together for our child then that's all that matters."

She then smiled before puckering her lips for me to kiss and just like that our new chapter was starting.
———————