Epilogue: I've Been Stung By The Wasp

"I miss you." I said, toying with a dark green blade of grass before pulling it from the earth.

  The cold wind blew harshly around me, sending a few leaves around me as I pulled my jacket tighter around my slender figure.

  I was sure it would rain soon, the dark grey clouds overhead had been threatening to burst all day.

  I sighed and twirled the piece of grass between my thumb and index finger slowly, tucking a piece of my now black hair behind my ear with my free hand.

  "Everything around me just reminds me of us." I sang softly, quoting the lyrics of my deceased father, whose headstone was just in front of me.

  "I've been numb for so long, that I forgot how to feel." I continued, dropping the grass before toying with another piece.

  I heard footsteps behind me and turned around, expecting to see my sister or my mother, but it was merely a passerby going to pay respects to someone else.

  "Where are you?" I whispered, tears filling my eyes. My sister, Sidra, my mom, and I, had all made plans to visit my father's grave on his birthday.

  Neither one of them has shown, and I've been here for an hour. My husband Storm was here though, keeping his distance so I had privacy.

  I chuckled to myself as I remembered how incredibly happy my dad was when Storm proposed: almost happier than me, I think.

  Sidra still has feelings for me romantically, and was devastated when I got engaged.

  She wouldn't even come to the wedding. She didn't speak to me at all till our father died three years ago, and Storm and I have been married five years now.

  "I see your mom!" I heard Storm call. I turned around again, and sure enough, there she was.

  "You can come sit too, if you want." I told him, "You are family after all." I turned back to face my dad's headstone again, and Storm sat beside me a few seconds later.

  He said nothing, just laced our fingers together. "Now the sky is on fire and we lie wide awake." I sang softly.

  "There is no other way than to make this mistake." I heard Mom sing behind me. "Hey Mom." I mumbled.

  "Hey darling. Sorry I'm late, Sienyx and I had a bit of an...issue." Mom sighed, sitting next to me.

  "You two always have issues." I snapped, "Neither one of you could put it aside for his fucking birthday?"

  "It's not like I'm late to his birthday party Electra, he's not going anywhere." Mom said angrily, and the look on her face said she instantly regretted it.

  I sighed and stood up, taking out my phone. "Electra don't leave." Mom sighed. "I'm not going to." I huffed, "Just give me a minute."

  I walked to a nearby bench under a tree and, then dialed the number of my baby sister, the little shit she is.

  I blame her entirely for Dad's death. He had a heart attack while Mom was with Aunt Jealousy, and Sienyx was the only one home.

Or so he thought.

  She left to go be part of some fucking orgy, and Dad couldn't get to a phone to call an ambulance. Mom came home to a fucking corpse on the living room floor.

  I don't talk to her ever, but she and Sidra are really close, which bothers the living shit out of me.

  I hesitated before calling Sienyx. How would I know she'd even answer? Fuck it, I'm calling the bitch.