1. The boy with a lip ring in detention

"Detention."

That was written on the board in front of me.

This is the fourth time this week I'm sitting here because I didn't do my homework or I didn't show up at school.

I usually blame it on the fact that I have narcolepsy. Narcolepsy is a chronic sleep disorder characterized by overwhelming daytime drowsiness and sudden attacks of sleep. Meaning that I will fall randomly asleep while doing simple things like homework, cause it's hard for me to stay awake for a long period of time.

I have narcolepsy type 2 so I have no cataplexy, cataplexy makes your muscles go weak randomly. I don't have it everyday, maybe once a year or a couple of times over a span of 7 months.

I waited for the hour to pass and I saw a boy enter, he had golden hair and blue eyes that could brainwash you to do his homework for him. He took place on next to me and he looked at me before looking at the board and pouting.

I looked at him and studied his features. He has a lip ring. That's cool.

"Hi." He smiled and looked into my eyes.

"H-Hey. Are you n-new?" I stuttered, seriously stuttering when there's a cute guy.

"Yup. I just moved here from Australia with my older brother Michael. My dad found a job here so." He said, tapping his fingers on the desk.

"I'm from New-Zealand but I moved here when I was five years old." I replied, feeling a sudden wave of sleep.

I rubbed my eyes and grabbed a bottle of water and thats exactly when I fell asleep. My head slammed against the desk and my body went limp.

I woke up after a few minutes and groaned, sitting straight up and looking at the boy who was next to me rubbing my back.

"Are you okay? You passed out!" He said a bit shocked. I mean if I were him I would've ran away but yeah.

"No no..it's fine," I muttered, feeling refreshed and resting my head on my hands. "I have narcolepsy so don't worry about it."

"What's your name?" He asked randomly.

"Calum Hood. I have a middle name but I won't tell you that just yet." I grinned.

"Nice to meet you Cal. My name is Luke Hemmings, I also have a middle name but because your not telling me I won't tell you mine as well." He winked at me.

"Fair enough." I laughed.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked him. I wanted to know why he already got detention on his first day.

"Sure, go ahead."

"How do you get detention on your first day?" I chuckled, shaking my head softly and watching him smile widely, letting out a wheeze.

"Well I forgot my books so the teacher sent me here." He smiled, holding something back.

"I know you're holding something back. Tell me." I answered, smiling.

"I might've cussed at the teacher." He bit his lip nervously, his lip ring moved and I looked at it.

"I like your lip ring. It suits you." I said softly, looking back at his eyes.

"Thank you!" Luke squealed and giggled. "Nice of you to say."

The bell rung.

I packed my bags and stood up. Luke got up as well. "That went by fast." He mumbled, grabbing his bag and throwing it over his shoulder just like me.