13. RESCUING OUR FRIENDS

"What the hell just happened?" Leorio finally said once the room l returned to its normal atmosphere, after you stormed out.

Illumi's gaze lingered on the wooden door you had forcefully opened, now slightly splintered from the rough treatment.

Silence permeated the room until the Chairman cleared his throat, commanding everyone's attention.

"The Hunter Exam has concluded. While things didn't go exactly as planned," he began, "—I'm pleased to announce that all of you have passed the 287th Hunter Exam. There will be an orientation tomorrow, so I expect everyone to attend. You will be staying in this hotel for the night."

The following day, Gon finally regained consciousness. Upon hearing the accounts of the final phase, he was quite perturbed. The circumstances surrounding Killua's disqualification and your abrupt departure, only leaving behind a letter stating you wouldn't be able to see each other again as you returned to where you belonged, left him indignant. Gon adamantly refused to accept it; he believed you didn't belong there, certainly not at the Zoldyck Estate.

Having lived with you for three years, Gon felt he knew you well, despite your hidden identity. He directed his fury towards Gittarackur, or rather, Killua's and your brother, Illumi. He burst into the Orientation room, silencing everyone with the intensity of his presence. His expression was stern as he strode across the floor, his boots echoing with each step. He halted abruptly in front of Illumi. Everyone watched and listened.

"Apologize to Killua!" Gon demanded boldly, his gaze fixed on Illumi. The dark-haired man lifted his head to meet the young boy's unwavering stare, his movements almost robotic, ingrained in him since childhood.

"Apologize?" Illumi questioned, his tone devoid of emotion. "For what?"

"You don't even know what you did wrong?" Gon's voice crackled with frustration.

Illumi merely hummed in response, his demeanor calm. Anger pulsed through Gon as he clenched his fists tightly.

"You don't deserve to be his brother, their brother," Gon declared firmly.The assassin turned his gaze forward.

"Do I need to earn the right to be their brother?"

Without warning, Gon seized Illumi's wrist, sending him hurtling into the air. Illumi landed gracefully on his feet, his long dark hair flowing behind him elegantly. His expression remained impassive throughout.

"Killua and Y/n-san don't need to earn the right to be my friends!" Gon's grip on Illumi's wrist tightened harshly.

Illumi's mouth twitched slightly in surprise. He hadn't anticipated the boy in front of him to possess such strength. Despite having his wrist broken by Gon's force, Illumi showed no outward sign of emotion.

"Don't bother apologizing. Just take me to see them," Gon insisted.

"What will you do then?"

"That should be obvious. I'm going to rescue both Killua and Y/n-san!" Gon declared, his determination unwavering.

"You make it sound as though I kidnapped them. Killua left of his own accord, and Y/n followed him, fully aware that she'd be breaking the deal with Father after six years of adherence," Illumi countered, his gaze fixed on Gon.