19. JUST THIS TIME

"Future Mrs. Hattori?" You shook your head, a chuckle escaping your lips as you approached him, stopping a few meters away. Despite his height advantage, you lifted your head to meet his brown eyes. "Please, don't forget Jin-kun. You're not the only one vying for my hand in marriage."

As you spent the day with Jin to complete the mission assigned to both of you, you initially questioned the need for his presence. The task seemed so straightforward, easily manageable on your own. However, it slowly dawned on you: your father's intention behind pairing you with Hattori Jin was to force you to confront a decision regarding your future.

"I'm certain you recall our agreement," your father's words echoed in your mind, haunting you. "The final stipulation was that you would wed the heir of the Hattori Clan. But circumstances have changed. Another suitor has emerged, one you are intimately familiar with. Since you are acquainted with both gentlemen, the decision falls to you."

The realization hit you like a ton of bricks. How foolish you had been not to see through your father's machinations earlier.

You nearly forgot the stipulation of your agreement with your father: to acquaint yourself with both potential suitors, granting you the autonomy to select your future spouse from the two men who had sought your hand in marriage.

This arrangement diverged from the typical orchestrated unions, presenting you with the unique dilemma of choosing between two contenders for the role of your unfortunate fiancé.

The Hattori Clan had been the initial proposers, followed by an unexpected proposal made to Silva a month ago. The latter development caught you off guard, particularly since Silva and Zeno had crossed paths with this individual before, cautioning the whole family to avoid him and his subordinates at all costs due to their lethal reputation. Despite the warning, Silva found merit in the proposal, though he made it clear he wouldn't be the one to make the final decision between the two men.

"Welcome home, Y/N-sama," a maid, seemingly your age, greeted you as you entered the mansion on a Friday night. While the rest of your family likely slumbered peacefully in their chambers, enjoying blissful sleep, thoughts of Killua and Alluka weighed heavily on your mind.

"This place... it's cursed," you muttered under your breath as your gaze swept over the family portraits adorning the walls of the living room.

You couldn't help but scoff at the notion of calling this mansion a home. Your eyes narrowed as they fell upon the large family portrait before you, which must have been replaced since your return.

"This hell will never be my home; it's nothing more than my prison."

As the sole daughter of the Zoldyck family, you bore the weight of expectations that stretched beyond conventional limits. Secretly subjected to extreme training unbeknownst to your siblings, you possessed skills and abilities that surpassed their understanding.

Your calm efficiency and rapid execution of tasks stemmed from this rigorous preparation; you were honed to be a weapon, a lethal force unparalleled within the Zoldyck clan.Yet, beneath the facade of unyielding strength and proficiency lay a vulnerability that none in your family knew of—yourself. Your own memories haunted you, serving as a relentless reminder of past traumas you desperately tried to bury. Despite your best efforts, these memories lingered, refusing to release their grip on your psyche. In the shadows of your formidable exterior, your inner turmoil remained your greatest weakness, a truth you dared not confront.