Birthday and training

"I was hoping I misheard you when you said we," is the first thing Eraserhead says when we arrive.

"Um... Ka...Kacchan? Who's this?" Zuku asks from my left

"He's the one who offered to do the thing I told you about," I reply.

"Literally all you told us about it was that it was a thing," Toshi says, standing stiffly to my right. Eraserhead sighs.

"I offered him training. He brought you two."

"Kacchan! You excepted training from a stranger?!" Zuku squeaks.

"Kinda? Not really. He's a pro hero." Zukus eyes light up with excitement while Toshi still looks suspicious.

"Which pro hero?" he asks.

"Eraserhead," I reply smugly. They both whip around to stare at me with wide eyes. Neither of them know anything about Eraserhead other then he's my favourite hero and the only one I ever say anything good about.

"Your favourite hero?!" Zuku yells before slapping his hand over his mouth like he said something horrible.

"Yup!" I reply. "And he's going to train us!" I turn to Eraserhead who is looking at us with a mix of confusion, annoyance and... is that a smile? It's gone before I can check.

"Ok. Let's start." Zuku and Toshi gulp while I feel a feral grin overtake my face.

&&&

"Ok. That's enough for today." Toshi and Zuku collapse to the floor with a groan while I turn to Aizawa sensei (as he told us to call him) in confusion.

"Why? I can keep going!"

"I can see that, but your friends can't," he replies.

"They're not my friends." "We're not his friends." All three of us reply in sync. Me because I want to see how long this sidekick thing lasts, Zuku because he still wants to be my sidekick for some reason and Toshi because he finds it hilarious.

"... you're not?"

"Of course not! Kacchan doesn't have friends. We're his sidekicks!" Zuku says trying to look proud from his position on the floor. Toshi has a hand over his mouth trying to hide his snickers. Aizawa sensei looks to me in confusion.

"Don't look at me. It was Bambis idea, then Princess just joined in." That just makes him look even more confused, mouthing the nicknames to himself.

"Katsuki, it's been years and it was only one time. When will you stop calling me Princess?" Toshi asks sounding resigned.

"When I think of something worse to call you." Toshi groans.

&&&

A few months later I'm walking to school. My 'parents' are out of town and I have the house to my self so I'm in a pretty good mood.

"Kacchan!" I look up to see Zuku running up to me. "Happy Birthday!" he shouts once he reaches me. It's my birthday? Huh. That means I'm nine now. "Here!" I'm interrupted from my thoughts by Zuku shoving a badly wrapped gift into my hands, he then steps back watching with nervous anticipation. I sigh and rip off the wrapping paper to find... a notebook? I look up at him with a raised brow.

"It's a notebook," I deadpan.

"Y.. yeah!" Zuku stutters nervously. "But I wrote in it!" I look back down to the notebook and start to flip through it. It's notes on my quirk, hero name ideas, designs for possible costumes and more. I look back up to Zukus nervous face.

"This is pretty cool Zuku." His face lights up and he starts to ramble about all the things he wrote in there. I'm glad I helped that crying kid get his All Might doll back all those years ago.

&&&

We meet up with Toshi on the way to where Aizawa sensei trains us.

"Happy birthday." He holds out a gift with what looks like a confident smirk but I can see the nervousness in his eyes. I take it and rip off the wrapping paper. It's a long red scarf and not the itchy kind. I wrap it around my neck and I see Toshis smirk become a smile.

"Let's go, idiots," I say marching ahead to hide my smile. We arrive soon after and go through another few hours of training. We're about to leave when Aizawa sensei steps up to me.

"Katsuki." (I never told him my last name but I'm sure he's figured it out by now) I turn to him with a raised eyebrow. "Happy Birthday." He hands me a gift before leaving. I blink down at it in shock for a few seconds before Toshi calling for me to hurry up snaps me out of it. I stuff the gift in my bag and ignore it until I get home. Once I do I run up to my room and sit on my bed placing it in front of me. I stare at it for a full minute before I shake my head and pick it up. It's just a gift. I rip off the wrapping paper and freeze. It's a small black toy cat with green eyes, it's fluffy and soft and the first toy I've had in this life. I run my fingers over its fur until I feel something splash on my hand. It's... a tear? I reach up and touch my cheek. I'm crying? I hug the cat to my chest and muffle my sobs into my pillow. I have Zuku and Toshi and even Aizawa now, but still.

This new life is shit.