9

"Thank you," Frank said to Ava and turned away from them, walking silently towards the car that was waiting outside. The car ride was silent as Frank stayed deep in his thoughts, making sure every single detail was thought out. He was sure that Gerard would be fine, he had Ava watching over him and he should have the job done before Lindsey even knew he was in the building. Samuel only spoke a 'hello' as Frank entered the car, then stayed silent because after working with Frank for so long he knew when Frank didn't want to talk. He didn't let himself think about Gerard, because that would interfere with what he was trying to do. It would get into his head and he couldn't afford to be distracted.

Arriving at his office building, he ignored everyone who spoke to him, mostly suck-up's and capo's that Frank didn't know the names of. He recognised the faces of a few, some with good records and others that he knew were spies for Lindsey. He walked briskly into the conference room where Mikey and Ray had already arrived at, a pile of weapons and blueprints on the table. There was an assortment of weapons that Frank had picked out a while before lined neatly, mostly a range of guns and knives. Frank picked out his favourite Smith and Wesson M&P, a gun he had used for most of his life that he knew he could rely on. In the beginning, they thought about just taking her out using a sniper but soon found out that her office windows, like Frank's, were bulletproof.

"Boss, are you sure that's the one you want to go with?" Ray asked, his eyes looking over the array of guns on the table. Ray preferred a Taurus 9MM, which Frank liked but he was drawn back to his own. Frank always trusted his gut, it was usually always right and his gut was telling him to stick with his Smith and Wesson. The only reason he had been worried about the job is that he felt in his gut that something was going to go wrong, but he didn't know what.

"Yes. Do we have everything we need?" Frank asked, slipping a few knives and an extra gun into his jacket pocket. Ray and Mikey nodded, taking their pick of knives and guns and storing them in their own jackets and keeping their main gun in their holsters. "Good. When we arrive, you follow me. You don't look back, we go in through the side door and we bolt to Lindsey's office where she should be checking her reports."

"What if she's not there?" Ray asked, even though they had had this conversation a dozen times. They had discussed as many possibilities of something being different and figured their way around it which was why it had taken two years of planning because literally anything could happen and they had to be prepared.

"We've watched her for two years, she checks her reports at 11 AM in her office every day. If she isn't there, we hide out and wait for her to come back," Frank explained, finger showing was Lindsey's office was on the blueprints. Ray nodded and Mikey looked confident in Frank, as though he was positive everything was going to go perfectly. They all took a final look at the blueprints, even though they'd had it memorised since Ray had been able to get his hands on them, and made their way to the entrance. They kept their voices low in the car, discussing each step they were to make which built Frank's confidence, knowing that they had planned every single step they would make and that they had spent a long time doing that.

"Keep your hands on your gun, but don't take it out," Frank said once the car had dropped them off in their hidden location. Ray and Mikey followed his instructions, keeping their holsters open and their hands lose around their guns, ready to pull at any moment. Frank kept watching for a few minutes, checking his watch for the time until he waved the signal and they were off. They darted for the door, jimmying it open as Frank looked through the hallways and once he saw that there was no one there, leapt his way over to the elevator.

"If we see anyone, shoot on sight," Frank declared, pulling his gun halfway out. When the elevator doors opened, there was someone there and not just anyone. As soon as Frank registered who it was, he grinned. "Look who it is. I am gonna have fun with this."