13. He's my roommate

At the pack border, I get out of my car and rush into one of the security posts.

My brother is leaning against the table and looking at the visitor seated at the center of the room, like an interrogator looking at a suspect.

The visitor notices me come in and looks relieved. "Daisy! There you are!"

"Peter, what are you doing here?" I ask him while glancing at Rick and the others in the room

"What do you think? I came to see you!"

"Why didn't you call me?"

"I wanted to surprise you."

"Well, you succeeded. Congratulations."

Peter glares at me, not appreciating my sarcasm. He points his finger at my brother. "They won't let me come to you. I know you told me your town is a bit traditional. But this is bullying!"

I hurry and pull down the hand Peter has pointed at my brother before someone in the room decides to break it to pieces. "Stop it. Everything is fine. We'll leave in a moment. Till then keep your mouth shut," I tell Peter before looking at Rick.

Rick leaves the room. I follow him outside. "I really didn't know he was coming. Thanks for not killing him. Can we leave now?" I say.

"He's your roommate?" Rick asks.

I nod.

"You live with a guy?"

"It's a very accurate deduction, Rick."

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"He's my roommate."

"I thought you were living with a girl."

"I was, till she moved out. Then I found Peter."

"You couldn't have found another girl?"

I sigh. "Rick, I'd just hurried here leaving my meal behind. I'm tired and hungry. Probably he's, too. So please, can Peter and I leave?"

"Where's he staying?"

"He'll stay with me."

Rick narrows his eyes.

I tug at Rick's t-shirt and say, "Please, let us go now. I'll listen to your disapproval over my lifestyle later. Please, brother." Sometimes calling him brother does the trick.

He pulls his shirt away and says, "Fine. But we're talking later."

I quickly get in and drag Peter away before Rick changes his mind.

In the car, Peter continues to complain about the "mistreatment" he received from my brother's "gang." And how he was worried about me.

I'm partly at fault here for sending Peter just a short email and not properly talk to him over the phone and explain my delay in return.

He must've imagined something worse had happened to me.

Peter doesn't know he's now inside one of the most vicious werewolf packs in the world. I'd only told him that I'm from an orthodox town in the woods here.

With some precaution and good luck I should be able to make sure Peter doesn't find out about the existence of werewolves during his, hopefully short, stay here. 

——A/N——

Hey guys, don't forget to vote on your favorite chapters 💕 

PS: Before you ship Peter with Daisy, know this — Peter is gay 😎 

See you tomorrow 🥰