24. In four legs and a tail

"You gotta be kidding me," I say to Cole as he stands at my front door with a bag in his hand. Behind him is my brother, Rick, who walks past me into the house.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"I'm here to seduce you. He's here to keep me in check so I don't take advantage of his kid sister," Cole says.

"Don't you two have a pack to run? You both can't just stay here and bother me. I've classes to attend."

"We won't be in your way," Cole says after coming and standing in my way. "You won't even know we're here," he says before bending down and whispering, "except for when I'm trying to get you to bed with me."

My cheeks heat up. I push him away. Where do guys get this confidence from?

Reluctantly, I allocate their rooms so they'll get out of my hair.

Including Nina and Peter, who are already living here, I now have four people to cook for everyday.

I would be lying if I say a part of me is not happy that Cole is here. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm stuck with him. It's too late to escape, now that everyone knows we're mates.

It's only a matter of days before I give in. But I sure as hell am not going to make it easy on him.

I'll let him live in my world for a little. I want him to see what it feels like to be a human. He won't be able to run around in four legs and a tail in the city, barking orders at everyone.