26. Too human [The End]

"Where is everyone?" I ask Cole who's watching TV in the living room. I searched the entire house to tell everyone dinner is ready. But no one's here except Cole.

"I don't know," he casually says. I've a feeling he does know. But I let it slide and ask him if he wants to eat now or wait for everyone.

"I'll eat now," he quickly says.

I go to the stove and grab a pair of tongs and a bowl to plate the pasta when Cole's huge chest presses against my back. When he kisses the side of my neck, I let go of everything in my hand, unable to hold onto them.

He quickly turns me around and I melt in his arms as he lifts me up over his waist without breaking his kisses.

I feel like my body is burning. My arms and legs barely feel any strength. And all of my blood seems to rush to the one spot.

I didn't even realize he's taking me to his room till he puts me down on his bed. His intoxicating smell is all over the place.

"Don't go too far," I manage to whisper. He buries his face into my neck and says, "Haven't I waited long enough?"

He has. And I want this, too. But... "I'm scared," I tell him.

He lifts his face and looks at me, "Of me?" he asks.

"Of what happens after this. I'm not ready to go back with you. I can't become Luna yet."

"But you already are. To everyone in the pack, and to me, you're already my Luna. You don't have to rush back home. You can finish your college and return when you're ready. I can wait for as long as it takes. But this," he says and gives me a deep kiss.

He breaks the kiss and looks at me again, "I want to mark you. Can I?"

I caress the side of his face. "Yes."

The last time we'd sex we were in high school. At the time I felt so much pain whenever he entered me. But that is nothing compared to now. My back bends on its own, trying to alleviate the pain.

"You okay?" he asks. I nod while trying to ride out the pain and anticipating the pleasure that'll soon come after this. "Move," I tell him and he does.

When he hits the spot, I moan out. Knowing he got me where he wants he starts to thrust into me harder and we both lose ourselves in the rhythm of our bodies.

I only return to this world when I feel his sharp teeth sink into the flesh of my neck. The pain is unbearable but I manage not to cry out so he wouldn't stop getting it out of his system.

By the time he has done marking me the pain goes away — one of the pros of being a Luna now, I suppose.

As we both rest after the best sex I've ever had in my life so far, he says, "I need to confess something to you."

"What?"

"Your grandparents knew about us," he says.

"What?" I ask, shocked.

"Back when we were in school, your grandpa caught us making out. He later confronted me. I told him the truth and said you would get upset if anyone finds out. So he agreed to keep it a secret from you."

"But he told your grandmother.

"After you left for college, I was hoping you would come back at least in the weekends. But you didn't. I was losing my mind, not seeing your face for so long.

"She noticed that.

"It was her idea to act sick and get you to come home," he says.

I look at him wide-eyed. It was all an acting?

"You tricked me?" I say as I lift myself up over him.

"So did you, when we were in school," he defensively says. I glare at him. He's right. I suppose we're even now. But I'm still angry.

I try to get up but he pulls me down. "Get as mad as you want," he says into my ear, "But you won't be able to stay that way for long now." He kisses his mark and my body instantly gives into the pleasure.

He turns us over so he's on top of me before bending down for a kiss. Cole was right. I can't stay mad at my sly mate for long, I'm too human for my own good. 

———A/N———

Thanks for staying till the end of the story 💕 

I had so much fun reading your comments :)

It's only fun to write if you are having fun reading it, so without your encouragement I couldn't have continued this far. Thank you for giving me such a great experience on a year like this. 

If you stay with me in the next year, too, I know I'll be able to bring you even better stories. 

This is the fifth book in the Mate And His Lover series. To get notifications of my current work, take a second to follow my profile. 

See you in my next story <3 

💕 xx, Auctorsam