Part 3

The next morning we headed to the studio to start working on our collab. The whole car ride was silent and it felt like torture, I kept reliving the moment after we took the picture.

We arrived at the studio the second Sophie texted me and told me which room we would be in. As i was about to open the car door Ruel told me to let him do it since the studio is always surrounded by paparazzi. He opens the door and when I step out he puts his arm around my shoulders, we start walking and I try my best to ignore the lukewarm feeling spreading.
" you can remove your arm now"
" drop the voice it's not like i'm enjoying it"
We start walking towards the room we were going to be in and on the way we pass the spot where we first met. I recall the horrible memory and what ever lukewarm feeling that was hiding before was gone in a second.
I walk ahead and get into the room where i'm met by Sophie and Nate plus another person i don't recognise.
"Mark" Ruel says when he sees the unknown person in the room
" Elsa, this is Mark. He's a producer and has worked with Ruel before" says sophie as se she's my confused look.
"why can't we work with my producer"
" don't get annoying now, besides Sara's busy"
Annoyed I sit down on the only available seat which happen to be on a couch next to Ruel.

The first hour consists of the adults talking and Ruel and I scrolling on our phones.
"guys you really need to start working" says Nate
" we now that you hate each other and no one really knows why but please can't you act like adults and just do it" Sophie continues
I look up at Ruel to see what he's going to do and he is looking at me with the same expression so I just turn back to my phone.
"please just talk to each other, do something. this is becoming unbearable"
"the don't fucking make us collaborate" Ruel spits out making us all jump
"you know what Ruel, both of you. We are trying to make a great career move for the both of you but you're just acting like spoiled brats!" Nate says as he suddenly stands " your going to write this song and pretend that you enjoy it" he storms out after that and Sophie and Mark follows him.

We sit there in chock trying to process what just happened. Suddenly my phone rings and the display shows Sophie, I stare at it for a second before I pic it up.
" he's not going back in"
" well hello to you to"
" don't think i'm not mad just because Nate was the one that screamed. Your acting extremely unprofessional"
" i'm sorry it's just-"
" don't apologise now, where gonna lock you in there-"
"excuse me"
" don't interrupt me Elsa"
" so we're gonna lock you in there for the day, you'll get water and shit like that. Anyway when we get back we expect you to at least have an idea of what the songs gonna be about "
And then she hung up and I end up staring at my phone again but this time in chock.

After Sophie called me she called Ruel and told him the same thing, as they hung up I let out a huge sigh.
" how am I supposed to work with someone who hates me" I say but more to the air than Ruel.
" what did you just say"
"don't act like you didn't hear me"
" I'm the one who hates you?! you're te one who started this whole thing"
" I started this whole thing. Are you dumb?!"
By now we were both standing and screaming our lungs out at each other.
" you were the one who started shit talking me during interviews!"
" well I didn't ruin what was supposed to be one of the best days of your life" after screaming that I broke down crying on the floor. It hadn't hit me until now how much this was taking on me. Ruel fell silent for a moment before sitting down next to me on the floor.

After composing myself I told Ruel about the first time I met him. Apparently he had the worst day ever and didn't even remember meeting me. We got up from the floor and sat down on the leather couch in the room. An awkward silence filled the room and I just stared into the air trying to process what happened , all of a sudden Ruel removed his sweatshirt and handed it to me.
"huh"
"your shaking sweetie put it on"
I took the sweater and put it on. This whole thing felt weird, going from hating each other to acting like bff. Well I never hated him I just built up a fence.
" what happens now?" I ask trying to avoid silence
"well I guess we try to write a song"

The rest of the day was spent pitching ideas and chords to each other. Funny enough every thing felt natural, like we'd been friends since birth. When the end of the day came closer Sophie opened the door and walked in followed by Nate and Mark. They kind of tipped in probably worried about our reaction, to their chock we were laughing.
"so either you've gone psycho or you've decided to act like grown ups" Sophie says as we make eye contact
"somewhere in between" Ruel answered for us and then we broke into another fit of laughter.

—————

" I really like your ideas but my favourite must be the one who is kind of connected to Not Thinking About You but it's more from the girls perspective" says Mark. After explaining what we had talked about Mark, Sophie and Nate had sat down and we showed our ideas.
"all credit to Elsa it was her idea" says Ruel and I give him a warm smile.
" well I guess we have a winner?"
We all nod and get out of the studio and stand on the parking lot talking for a bit.
Mark tells us that we can have a writing session in a week and we all agree.

Everyone got to their car and I followed Ruel to his car.
" soo" he says scratching his head
"sooooo" I answer grinning
"doyoumaybewannafollowmehomeandwatchamovieorsomethingitswhateveryoudonthavetoiunderstandifyouhaveotherp-"
" sorry to interrupt you but I couldn't hear a word you were saying, you need to slow down"
" I was wondering if you wanted to come to my place"
I giggle before answering
" well I kind of have to, my car's at your place"
"right" he says kind of disappointed
" but I'd love to watch a movie or something at your place before I go home"
With that he lets out a sigh of relief and we get into the car.

The drive back was filled with singing and showing each other songs. Everything just felt natural in the nicest way possible. As we arrived we walked into his living room and sat down on the couch.
"today was crazy I must admit"
" yeah I woke up this morning preparing to despise you"
" well did the same thing"
" you know I was so much better at acting mad then you were " I say giving him a teasing smirk
" oh is that what you think"
" you might think you were good but I knew right away you were head over heals for me"
" Noooo you blew my cover"
We break into a fit of laughter and my head falls onto his shoulder as I lean forward.
"you dare put your head on my shoulder after lying to me" Ruel says dramatically as he lightly shoves me making me fall on my back into the couch
"you made me fall you bitch!"
" and I'm not gonna let you get up!"
And then he lays on top of me and starts tickling me.
" stop stop wtf!!"
"Ruel I hate being tickled omg stop it"
And he just laughs that prick, after a few moments we calm down and try to catch our breaths. When we started breathing normally I realised what position we were in.
He looked in my eyes and I just melted, it felt like a movie or fan fiction but once again it felt so right.

" can I kiss you?" Ruel's asks and I nod slowly, just as our lips are about to connect my phone rings.

A/N: Hope you liked this chapter. I feel like the story has finally started.

love ya