☂ Chapter 3 ☂

"thank you for accepting, you are really an astonishing writer" the director said in excitement after the two men met for lunch

"I'm honored to be invited by you P' Sunan, your movies and series are always so captivating" Gulf praised him, it wasn't a white lie, before this meeting, Gulf sat watching some of this director's work and he found them interesting.

"I heard for your editor, this is your first time as a screenwriter, I'm sure you will do a great job, I already read your first book and I truly loved the plot"

"are you sure about me writing your series Scenario? It's fine if you choose a professional scriptwriter and I will assist him"

"no, you are perfect, be more confident about this, besides you will join us during acting so you can also edit your work along the way and explain to the actors how they should do and say their lines"

"I will be on the acting set too?" Gulf was surprised

"of course, you must be present, it's your book, your idea so you must see how it is presented on the screen"

"thank you so much P' Sunan, for giving me such opportunity, I promise I will do my best to meet your expectation" the director smiled, they talked about other things like the stages, the action parts, the jump scares of the story

"... oh, about the actors, I'm still in the process of choosing some, we have two males and one female as a main characters, the male parents and the little boy are what I'm focusing on for now, if you have any actor in mind please tell me"

"to be honest, I'm not close to any actor and I don't know how to choose them, well I trust your judgement P' Sunan, all the ones you selected for your works were stunning and fitted the role perfectly so I leave it to you"

"alright, of course there will an audition, you must attend it too to see it for yourself whether the actor I chose fit the role you imagined or not"

"sure, just send me a message and I will attend it, btw, I started turning my book into a scenario, I finished the first episode" Gulf said handing a file to the director who was surprised taking it

"you do work fast"

"it's my first time so I want to write it as soon as possible to get it verified by you before editing it"

"I understand, I will check it later and sent you an email" the older man nodded putting the file into his bag

"thank you" later that day, when Gulf was focusing on his second book, he got a phone call

"hey Gulf, I just finished reading your scenario, it was incredible for your first time, I only have one remark, you need to add more details, like the exact time, the decoration, all trivial details that you didn't add in the book to make the scene more realistic on screen"

"I understand, I will work on that, anything else"

"no everything else is perfect, you even described how the actor must feel at some point"

"well I kept searching about scenarios before I started writing one, I'm glad it's acceptable"

"you get A++" they both giggled, Gulf felt relieved, it was always hard changing writing style, it needed more work for Gulf to get adapted to this new type, what's harder is that he must work on his second book at the same time

'it's going to get more exhausting when the acting starts' he thought trying to re-focus on his laptop again.

Two week later, Gulf was invited for the audition, he was feeling little nervous being greeted by the other staff who worked with the director, when he entered he saw the actors talking with each other and how relaxed they all seemed which surprised him