༄ 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 ¦ 2.

"Do you know who i am?"

You looked around, you were completely surrounded by darkness, you couldn't even see your own hands. All that was there was a voice and the sounds of your own footsteps.

"Who.. Are you?"
"You know who."
What?

You were confused. The empty space you were surrounded by made you shiver, but even so... The voice was like a candle to a pitch black room. It sounded so familiar.

A small orb of light was visible in the distance.
"Go get it!" the mysterious voice cheered.

You ran.
You chased the light down.
It was like the light at the end of the tunnel but it was small.
And it never got closer.

"You can do it! You'll get there eventually." the voice cheered.

You felt tired.
You stopped.

Morning
You woke up. Your breathing heavy, your mind confused. What was that? You've never had a dream that was that vivid before.

Slipping out of bed you put on a jacket, you didn't have time to worry about this now. You had tasks to do. Hopefully they wouldn't take too long. Leaving the room you hurried downstairs, food was the number one priority right now. And it was free! Who wouldn't decline free food?

To your surprise the bartender was expecting your arrival and had put a plate down on the counter. You took the plate and thanked the bartender for the food, then hurried back upstairs.

Taking a closer look you noticed it was a neatly cut sandwich with boar meat, and vegetables. You couldn't quite make out which ones. This world's plants seemed exotic to you. The sandwich was covered by an egg which was spun to look like a spiral. The yolk evenly spread.

You hummed in excitement, it smelled so good. Later on you discovered it tasted good aswell. The balance between the meat, vegetables bread and egg was perfect. This tavern could make a profit if it turned itself into a restaurant. Or maybe the bartender was just a good cook?

Putting down the plate, you picked up the paper that was left outside your room. "So these are my tasks.." scanning over the paper you noticed that there were just 4 tasks. 3 Of them were just simple tasks around Mondstadt, but the last task stood out to you.

'Dispose of the Hilichurl camp marked on a map that you will be given after finishing the other tasks.'

Hili- what? You knew what they were as Aether had explained them to you on the way to Mondstadt. But why would they have you fight them? You don't even have a weapon, actually, you didn't even know how to fight!

Worry clouded your thoughts. What if i get hurt.. What if i mess up.. Should i ask Aether for help? Would i be a bother?
No. You can do this. Why else would you be given this task?

You had a plan set up in your head, you had spotted several treasure chests on your way here. It confused you on how they were so out in the open but you rolled with it, perhaps inside of those chests there would be a weapon.

You sighed nervously, this was going to be difficult but you had to believe in yourself.

"Good morning, (Y/N)."