Chapter 1

Alyx trudged through the snow. Why just why, she thought, why is it that everything I touch keeps getting ruined? Alyx let out an uneven sigh, I'm done! I can't do this anymore!

Alyx entered her home, snow on her shoulder as she yanked her boots off.

"Oh, your home?" her mother asked as she tried fanning out a burned meatloaf, " I'm sorry, sweetie, it looks like we're going to just eat the salad I made for your lunch today."

Alyx, though tired and disheartened, smiled at her mother, "It's okay, mom, you know I like salad!" Her mother hugged her and stroked her dark-brown hair.

"Thank you, sweetie! What would I ever do without you?"

"I'm going to go work on my homework!"

"Okay! Love you darling!"

Alyx gently closed the door. I know that she loves me, but why does it feel like she's only adding on?, Alyx thought, that's it, for now, I am going to write a letter, maybe it will help out?

She grabbed out a piece of paper and wrote something that went a little like this:

Why does everything have to be so depressing? All that I touch turns to dust! I just left everything I know, just because of a father who recently got a job here and even MORE recently was caught with a secret lover! Why? Just why does everything have to be so bad? I lost my only friend because of this move too! San Francisco has nothing for me here I tell you NOTHING! By now, I might as well kill myself! That's it! I'm going to do it! There's nothing left to do! I'll probably do it tomorrow right off that wretched roof of the school! I'm done! And I don't care what the others will say! It's my life, I control it right? Then I can destroy it right? Well, I guess I can't destroy it any further because of what the others have done to me, so I might as well just die!

~~~~

Alyx had a normal day, she was given a bucket full of homework and turned in all of her homework. The only thing was that she got excessive bullying from her classmates.

She was being pushed around, her money was being stolen, she had extra soup spilled on her. This was the final straw. She made her way up the stairs and went to the edge of the building.

This is it! She thought as she edged closer I'm going to do it... I wonder what it is going to be like being dead? Is it going to be like I don't exist? I hope my mom understands...

"NO, ALYX WAIT LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS!" a voice came from behind her. Alyx whipped her head around. "Alyx let's talk about this... please!" The voice was coming from her science teacher

"No! Do you know how bad my life has been?!" Alyx burst into tears, "My mom is barely getting by, my father cheated on her, I'm here where no one knows me, and my best friend is gone! And on top of that, I am the only, ONLY child who is bullied! Do you think it's fair?!" Alyx screamed at the teacher.

"I know, I know it's not fair-"

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW? HUH? TELL ME!!!"

"I TOO TRIED TO COMMIT SUICIDE, I KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE PLEASE COME DOWN FROM THERE!"

Alyx finally moved away from the rail. Tears ran down her cheeks. Her science teacher, whose name was Mr. Fern, embraced her. "Thank goodness, child!" he sighed. "Thank goodness."

Alyx burst into even more tears, "Why does everyone have to treat me like this?"

"I know, child," Mr. Fern whispered, "the world isn't fair like that. Here, let's go to my classroom and you can talk to me if you want, okay?"

"Okay," Alyx sobbed.

~~~~

Alyx sat on a chair next to Mr. Fren's desk.

"Here, drink this," Mr. Fern said. He handed her a cup of what looked like herbal tea. Alyx took a sip, the tea soothed her throat, which hurt from her screaming.

"Please don't tell my mother," Alyx said, " or anyone else, please"

"Don't worry, I won't tell, I too tried to kill myself, I know what the feeling is like, I won't tell that you tried to kill yourself."

"Wait, what? She tried to kill herself?!" came a voice behind them.