Chapter 3

Alyx started to panic, no one ever talked to her unless it was to bully her. What was going on?

"Hello? Alyx? It's me Adam!" the boy said.

Adam? Who is that? I don't remember anyone by that name. Alyx thought, No way! Is it that one guy who overheard my conversation with Mr. Fern?

"Oh, hello there!" Alyx said, anxious to get away, "Um, I have to give something to Mr. Austin, he's our math teacher if you didn't know."

"Oh, okay!" Adam said, "see you!"

"Yeah, see you!" Alyx awkwardly replied as she hurriedly rushed towards the school.

Ugh, that was so awkward! What if he tells?!, she panicked.

Just to check, she rushed back.

"Who was that?" Adam's friend inquired.

"Oh, just a friend of mine," he replied.

"Oooh! You like her?"

"What?! No! Why would I like her? I just said she's my friend! Seriously, Brian!"

Huh, so his friend's name is Brian? Alyx thought, well I guess that Brian isn't that bad.

"Oh? Alyx!" Adam shouted, waving his hands up.

Alyx quickly turned away, hiding her face. I barely know this guy and he's already giving me second-hand embarrassment!

She rushed into school and ran to her homeroom class. "I should have not stayed up all night. I am so tired," she softly mumbled.

"Okay, class!" her homeroom teacher yelled, "We have some new students today! Please treat them nicely! Go ahead and introduce yourselves."

"Hello Everyone! My name is Adam!"

Alyx's head shot up.

"And my name is Brian!"

I am so screwed! Alyx thought, What do I do, what do I do?!

"Okay, Adam and Brian, I do believe that I see some empty spots next to Alyx! Why don't you sit over there"

"Okay!"

Argh!! WHY, Alyx thought in a panic, I must do something!

"These will be your permanent spots, for the quarter," said the homeroom teach, whose name was Ms. Anne

"Okay!" they replied.

Alyx let out a faint groan. Yep, I'm screwed, she thought.

Adam and Brian took a seat on either side of her.

"Yo, Alyx," Adam whispered.

"Hey," Alyx mumbled.

"Don't you think he can get annoying too?" Brian whispered to Alyx.

"Yep," she replied

"Hey!" Adam sulked.

Brian stuck his tongue out at him. Adam gave him a hurt look. Alyx couldn't help but let out a light chuckle.

"Oh? It laughs," Brian said in a shocked manner.

"Hey! Don't tease her!" Adam said, holding a playful fist at him.

"Are you sure you don't?" Brian teased Adam.

Adam gave him a hard stare, "I don't," he replied, "I just know something you don't about her!"

Alyx's heart skipped a beat, What if he tells? she panicked, He might tell everyone!

"Oh? What is it?"

"Not telling!" Adam replied, sticking his tongue back at him.

Relief rushed through her, maybe he wasn't as loose-mouthed as he looked.

~~~~

Lunch had come and Alyx was in line to get her food.

Great, she thought, soup, my arch-nemesis! Well, I guess I'll have to be careful.

"Careful, don't spill your soup!" someone said tipping over her tray.

A crowd gathered around her all laughing at her.

Great! I guess I still don't have a chance at life! They don't even know what I tried to do yesterday!

Alyx began to cry.

"Hey! You! Get over here!" someone yelled.

Who? Alyx thought.

She lifted up her head.