Chapter 2

Alyx turned around. There, standing in front of her was a boy, who was about five foot six, black hair with a fit body. He stared at her in disbelief.

"Oh my gosh," he said, "are you okay?"

"Who is he?" Alyx replied.

"Oh, this is one of the new transfer students," Mr. Fern said, "I do believe you came to get your schedule?" he asked the new boy.

"Oh, yeah, my mom told me to come and get that since we were nearby," he replied.

"Excuse me, who are you? And why are you here?" Alyx asked.

Ugh, he looks like he's going to be a talkative one, I hope we aren't going to be in the same class!

"-- And what is yours?" the boy said.

Shoot what was his name? I didn't hear it. Axel? Andrew? I know it started with an "a".

"Oh! I am Alyx Lee, Alyx with a "y"," she responded snapping back into reality.

"Nice to meet you, Alyx! See you sometime later!" the boy said.

"Um, okay," Alyx replied.

Can I trust this boy? Alyx thought, Well, I guess I will find out.

"Anyways," Mr. Fern said, "Do you think there is anything you want to talk about?"

Oh my gosh, Alyx thought, I forgot he was here!

"Um, not that I can think of," Alyx replied, "Oh! I do have a question, how did you know that I was going to do that?"

"You turned in your letter," Mr. Fern said.

Alyx's face turned white, "I am so sorry," Alyx panicked.

Alyx walked out of the classroom. What just happened, what was I thinking in the first place? Alyx gently rubbed her forehead.

~~~~

Alyx walked into her apartment. She was exhausted, what would her mom say if they found out? I'm doomed, she thought.

"I'm home!" Alyx said half hoping that her mom would not be there.

To her half joy, she wasn't. Alyx trudged to her room and plopped down on her bed and cried herself to sleep. So much had happened that day that she just wanted to get on with the rest of the day.

Alyx woke up about an hour later, she didn't even notice she did fall asleep until she woke up. She walked into the kitchen, ate a bowl of ramen noodles. Her mom wasn't there so after that she finished her homework and went back to bed, though she did not get a lot of sleep, she did not want to do anything that day.

~~~~

Alyx was nearing the entrance of school when she was interrupted.

"Hey, your Alyx right? Remember me?" he said.