Chapter 4

Trigger warning! Some scenes may be uncomfortable for the reader!

What is going on? No one ever looks out for me! Alyx panicked.

"Are you okay?"

Alyx looked up. It was Adam.

The sight of someone looking out for her put her in tears. Adam embraced her, stroking her dark brown hair.

"It's okay," he said.

I know that he's just saying that to comfort me, but why does it feel like it's working? She thought.

"James, Carter, and Micheal, to the principal's office! NOW!" said Mr. Fern from the other side of the cafeteria, "I will not tolerate this behavior!"

"Yes, sir," they responded.

"Great going, punk!" they whispered to her.

"Here, let me take you to the bathroom to wash up," Brian said.

"Thanks, guys," Alyx said nervously.

The walk to the bathroom was awkward and silent. Alyx felt like she should say something, but she didn't know what.

~~~~

This is so awkward! Why is Brian being so quiet?

Alyx took a look at Brian. He looked to be around six foot one, his hair was blonde with a hint of brown at the base, he had blue eyes and had a thug-like vibe floating around him at all times. He was wearing earrings and a leather jacket. Much more different than Adam. He, on the other hand, was around five foot nine, black hair with brown eyes. He had a fit body like Brian, but somehow he looked like the child who was able to make friends with anyone.

They do look different, she thought.

"Well, here we are," Brian said.

"Oh, um, thanks for taking me here. I'm sorry if I made you feel awkward."

"Oh, it's no problem!" Brian said, rubbing his neck.

Alyx walked up to the sink and began to wash her dress. Ugh! Why does this always have to happen? Alyx sighed, welp, at least it can't get any worse.

"Alyx, oh Alyx!" came a voice from the door.

Of course, perfect timing, Alyx thought.

"Why don't we play a little game?" came the voice.

Steps began to enter the bathroom. Alyx's heart began to race, she recognized that voice. What was Brian doing? He was probably just teasing her. Right?

"Brian quit teasing me," Alyx said nervously.

"Oh, but what if I'm not?" he replied.

Alyx officially started to panic. What was he going to do to her?

Brian approached her. "Why not you and I have a little fun?" he said approaching her.

"Back off snake!" Alyx said, trying to put her best act together. Alyx slapped Brian. She ran out of the bathroom, tears running down her cheeks.

Alyx hit someone.

"Sorry, sorry," she apologized.

"Alyx?"

"Adam?" Alyx said.

Through panic, she embraced him. The look on Adam was one that was very confused.

Adam pulled Alyx off of him, "Hey, where is Brian?" he inquired.

"Ohh, um, he said that he was going to his next class," Alyx said.

"Oh, um, okay. Um, should we go back to the cafeteria?" Adam asked.

"No, I don't feel like going back, if you know what I mean."

"Oh, yeah, sorry about that, I forgot."

"It's fine! It's fine!"

There was a wave of silence and neither said anything. They decided to walk over to the staircase. For a while, they still didn't say anything. Adam was the one to break the silence.

"So," he said, trying to start a conversation.

"So."

"Do they always treat you like that? Sorry, I probably should not have said that," Adam said.

"Oh, no it's fine!" said Alyx.

"But, yeah they have always treated me like this. And to be honest, I don't know why they treat me like that. I haven't done anything wrong, at least not to my knowledge."

"Huh," Adam said, "Honestly, I've never known why people act like that."

"Yeah," sulked Alyx, "Me neither."

"Oh? There you guys are!"

"Oh, hey Brian!"

Shoot! Brian?!