Chapter 5

What is Brian doing here?! Alyx panicked.

"Um, hey, Brian," hesitated Alyx.

"Hey!" beamed Brian.

There is something wrong with this guy, she thought, Let's hope we don't have to run into him too many times.

"Oh, Brian! What are you doing here? Alyx said that you were going to your next class," Adam said.

"Oh, yeah, I was asked by Mr. Fern to come to get you," Brain responded, looking at Alyx.

"Okay, I'll go with Adam!" Alyx said.

"Um, okay!" Brian said with a cheery smile. But Alyx could see right through that, that he was trying something.

"Well, I'll get going, now," said Brian.

"Bye!" smiled Alyx.

~~~~

Alyx and Adam walked into Mr. Fern's room.

"Hello, Alyx," Mr. Fern said.

"Hello!" Alyx said.

"Adam, if you don't mind, I would like to speak to Ms. Alyx alone." Mr. Fern requested.

" Okay!" Adam said.

Mr. Fern obliged Alyx to sit down and have a talk with him.

"Alyx I saw what happened earlier. I did send them to the principal, but I thought you might like to talk about what has been going on with your life. You do not have to if you don't want to, but I am willing to listen to your problems."

"Oh, um this was a bit unexpected, but I do thank you for being willing to listen to me. Honestly, I don't know why they chose to bully me of all people, but if I had to guess, I would say it's because they see that I'm weaker than other kids and they like to take advantage of that. I know that I'm weak and that I don't have the heart to tell on other people, even if it's for the sake of myself."

"Well that is true, you are a very kind-hearted person, though you may not like to admit it," Mr. Fern said.

"Oh, um, thank you I honestly don't know what to say," Alyx responded.

"See? You are a very humble girl. Well, the bell is about to ring, so you better hurry on to your next class."

~~~~

It was the middle of math class, luckily for Alyx, Brain was not in this class, so Alyx let herself relax a bit.

Adam leaned into Alyx, "Hey, what did Mr. Fern say to you?" he whispered.

"Not much, he just said that he was willing to listen to what was going on. So I told him what was happening in my life, and yeah."

"Wow, you're such an angel," Adam said.

"You're lying," Alyx said, "you know what I tried to do!"

"Okay, okay, just saying!"

"Whatever," Alyx said.

~~~~

Alyx, Adam, and Brian were walking out of school. Adam took a look at Alyx and Brian.

"You know what?" he stated, "you two should go on a date."

"What?!" Alyx screamed, "What are you? Crazy? I barely even—"

"I agree with you, Adam!"

Alyx turned around. I am in so, so, so deep water, what am I going to do?