six

Chaeyoung awoke the next morning to an empty bed. It took her a few seconds to remember the events of the night before, and when she did, she sat up quickly and scanned the room. Lisa was nowhere in sight.

"Lisa?" she called, standing up and walking over to the door of her room. There was a rustling noise from behind her as soon as she went to open the door. Pausing for a moment, Chaeyoung turned around slowly, following the source of the noise and ending up in front of her closet. Cautiously, she opened the closet door, widening her eyes when she saw Lisa.

"What are you doing?!" Chaeyoung choked. She bent down and snatched her sketchbook out of Lisa's hands, glaring at the Thai girl. "Where did you get this?"

"I found it," Lisa chirped, climbing to her feet and smiling widely. Chaeyoung's eyebrows furrowed when she saw the streaks of marker that stained Lisa's hands. Her grip on the sketchbook tightened.

"It's mine," Chaeyoung huffed. She walked back over to the bed, sitting down and hesitantly opening to the first page. Her anger boiled when she realized that Lisa had covered every single one of her sketches with meaningless scribbles. Hours and hours of her hard work were now ruined.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Chaeyoung yelled, standing up and throwing her sketchbook across the room. It hit the wall, scattering her papers all over the floor. Lisa instantly flinched and covered her ears.

"Do you know how much time I spent on these?" Chaeyoung continued, crossing her arms and glaring at Lisa from across the room.

"They are pretty," Lisa nodded, walking over and picking up one of the drawings from where Chaeyoung had thrown them.

"They were pretty, Lisa, until you ruined them," Chaeyoung spat. "Just like the flowers. What did I tell you about leaving pretty things alone?"

Lisa just stared at her blankly for a few moments before holding up the drawing and walking over to Chaeyoung, extending it for her to see. Chaeyoung groaned and pushed the drawing out of her face.

Confused, Lisa tilted her head to the side. "Rosie?"

"That's not my name," Chaeyoung's voice was low in the back of her throat. "I don't want to talk to you, get out of my room," she growled, pointing in the direction of her door.

Lisa took a slow step backwards, still holding onto the drawing. "I am sorry," she held the drawing up and looked at Chaeyoung pleadingly.

"I don't care!" Chaeyoung snapped, grabbing Lisa by the shoulders and shoving her into the hallway. "Leave me alone," she warned, slamming the door in the Thai girl's face and making sure to lock it. She waited until she heard footsteps walking away from her room before collapsing back onto her bed and groaning.

Chaeyoung's sketchbook was her prized possession. She never let anyone touch it. Let alone open it and draw in it. Months and months of hard work were now useless. The blonde girl sat up and eyed the collection of papers scattered along the wall. She should've known better than letting Lisa into her room.

With a frustrated sigh, Chaeyoung dragged herself out of bed and began collecting all the papers that had spilled out of the sketchbook. It all appeared to be just meaningless scribbles to her. She began sifting through all of her drawings, making sure Lisa hadn't spared one or two of her sketches.

Of course, she hadn't. Every page had marker scribbled over it. One drawing in particular caught her attention, though. Her half-finished daises from yesterday. It appeared as if Lisa had tried to finish drawing them, adding the flowers atop the stems that Chaeyoung had sketched in pencil. Chaeyoung closed her eyes and sighed, placing the drawings back into her sketchbook and shoving it into her backpack.