seven

Minutes later Chaeyoung was opening the passenger side door for Lisa, who crawled out excitedly and began walking in the complete opposite direction of the store. Shaking her head, Chaeyoung ran after her and grabbed her hand.

"This way," Chaeyoung laughed. Lisa held onto her hand tightly, skipping behind Chaeyoung with an excited smile on her face. Chaeyoung led them both into the store, ignoring the confused stares from the other customers when Lisa continued to skip once they were inside.

Chaeyoung grabbed two of the bowls from the counter and handed one to Lisa. "Do you know how to do this?"

Lisa looked at her blankly and Chaeyoung sighed. "Here, I'll show you," she led Lisa, who was still holding her hand, over to the wall of self-serve yogurt.

"These are the flavors," she nodded to the pictures at the top of the machines. Lisa nodded and studied each one intently. Chaeyoung let go of her hand so she could hold her bowl underneath the machine that dispensed Cookies&Cream flavored yogurt.

"See, you just pull the lever and-," Chaeyoung paused when she turned around and saw Lisa already filling up her cup with banana flavored frozen yogurt. She ran over and stopped the lever just before Lisa's cup overflowed.

"That's enough for now," Chaeyoung laughed. Lisa pouted.

"Again," she pointed to the machine, going to fill up her cup even more. Chaeyoung shook her head quickly and pulled Lisa over to the Cookies&Cream machine.

"Here," she handed Lisa her empty cup. "You can fill up mine with this one."
Lisa nodded happily, taking Chaeyoung's bowl but walking over to a different machine. Before Chaeyoung could stop her, Lisa was filling her cup with Raspberry flavored yogurt. Chaeyoung shook her head, sighing and accepting the cup back from a satisfied Lisa.

"There's toppings over there," she pointed to the counter next to them. Chaeyoung grabbed Lisa's hand before she could run over and followed her. "Don't use too many."

Lisa nodded, bending down and studying all of her different options. Chaeyoung was adding strawberry slices into her cup when Lisa tapped her on the shoulder and proudly held up her frozen yogurt, which was now covered neatly with banana slices.

"You really like bananas, don't you?" Chaeyoung asked, laughing softly.

"Yes, yellow," Lisa nodded. She smiled proudly, and Chaeyoung led her over to the cashier. They set their cups down on the scale and Chaeyoung paid. She sent a warning glare to the man behind the counter when he began eyeing Lisa, who was clapping her hands in excitement. He quickly gave her the change and she thanked him.

Chaeyoung handed Lisa a spoon, walking over to one of the tables. Lisa sat down, crossing her legs underneath her in the small chair. Chaeyoung laughed, sitting down across from her and taking a bite of her ice cream. She hadn't expected to like the Raspberry flavor, but it was actually pretty good.

Lisa started eating her ice cream by picking the bananas off and popping them into her mouth one by one. Chaeyoung watched as Lisa happily chewed on her food. She looked up from her bowl and smiled widely at Chaeyoung.

"Is it good?" Chaeyoung asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yellow," Lisa nodded, as if it were a completely reasonable answer. By now, Chaeyoung had realized that it was to Lisa.

"Pink," Chaeyoung pointed to her cup. Lisa nodded excitedly, smiling at Chaeyoung as if she'd just unlocked one of the deepest secrets of the world. Chaeyoung liked that feeling.

Lisa finished half of her ice cream before she looked up at Chaeyoung nervously. Noticing this, Chaeyoung pointed to her cup. "Are you full?"

Lisa nodded slowly. Chaeyoung just nodded and took both of their cups, throwing them away. She saw the Thai girl sigh in relief, wondering why it bothered her so much to tell her when she was full.