fourteen

She had feelings for Lisa.

Chaeyoung looked down at the younger girl next to her and bit her lip. Of course she couldn't have fallen for the friendly girl that always smiles at her in Starbucks, or the blonde haired girl in her Art History class.

No, she had to fall for Lisa. The eccentric, messy, human tornado that had shown up on their doorstep.

But Lisa was so many other things to Chaeyoung. Adorable, affectionate, endearing, genuine, cuddly, goofy, enchanting, and yellow. Yellow.

Chaeyoung understood why Lisa liked that color so much. Lisa was the human equivalent of the color yellow. Bright, cheery, and joyful. Yellow was also the color of sunshine, which Chaeyoung considered ironic.

So to answer her own question, yes. Chaeyoung would let Lisa kiss her. There was only one problem, and that was the fact that Chaeyoung had no idea if Lisa even knew what kissing meant. What if Lisa just wanted to kiss everyone she met?

It was obvious that Lisa was capable of love. Chaeyoung could tell by the way the younger girl would give the gentlest of care to even something as trivial as a flower. Lisa loved. Lisa loved everything.

But did Lisa know how to love?

The fact that Chaeyoung could see herself loving Lisa surprised even Chaeyoung herself. She had never seen herself falling in love. In fact, Chaeyoung had basically sworn off any type of relationship before she met Lisa.

Chaeyoung didn't like people. Most people. She liked her family, her roommates, and now Lisa. That was about it.

She was always afraid that someone was trying to befriend her for the wrong reasons. Or that someone was being nice to her as a joke. She hated secrecy, and lies, and everything else that most people considered to be just a normal part of life.

But now, there was Lisa. Lisa was pure, Lisa was innocent. There wasn't even a word to describe Lisa. She was just so genuinely Lisa.

There was no way of knowing if Lisa returned her feelings, really. Chaeyoung sighed heavily, realizing that she would just have to wait and see what happened.

Lisa lifted her head and furrowed her eyebrows when she felt Chaeyoung sigh.

"Rosie?" she tilted her head to the side. "Are you sad?"

Chaeyoung laughed softly and shook her head. "No, silly," she crinkled her nose. "I'm just tired." She noticed Lisa yawn and realize the younger girl was probably still exhausted from the night before. They both hadn't gotten much sleep.

"Goodnight, Rosie," Lisa mumbled, before burying her head in Chaeyoung's shoulder. Chaeyoung bit her lip to stop herself from smiling. She stared up at the ceiling for a while, continuing to cycle through her thoughts about Lisa.

Lisa's hand twitched and Chaeyoung giggled when she realized she was asleep. She scooted over a bit so they could both fit long ways on the couch. She laid her head back and sighed softly, inviting sleep to overtake her. Eventually her eyelids grew heavy and she drifted off to sleep.

Meanwhile, Jisoo and Jennie were being dismissed from their only class that day. The Korean girl wiped the sweat from her forehead and took a big gulp from her water bottle.

"I'm beat," Jisoo huffed as Jennie grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder.

"Same. And I'm starving," Jennie patted her stomach for emphasis. Jisoo nodded in agreement.

"Hey, why don't we meet Somi at DiClaudio's for lunch and discuss this whole... situation?" Jisoo asked, following her roommate down the school hallway and into the parking lot.