sixteen

Chaeyoung awoke the next morning to find Lisa still asleep. She giggled softly, realizing that the younger girl had snaked her arms up the sleeves of Chaeyoung's hoodie to keep her hands warm. The events of the night before played in her head like a movie scene and she couldn't help the smile that spread across her face.

"Lili," she whispered, nudging the younger girl softly. "Lili, I have to get up," she giggled, looking over at the clock and remembering she had class that morning.

"Hmmm," the younger girl hummed, fluttering her eyes open and smiling widely the moment she saw Chaeyoung next to her. "Hi," she beamed.

"Morning," Chaeyoung laughed, sliding out from underneath of the girl and sitting up.

"I have class today," Chaeyoung said, walking over to her closet and digging through her clothes. "Which means you get to stay home with Somi until I'm back, okay?"

Lisa nodded softly. She'd been getting better at realizing that Chaeyoung does, in fact, come back home when she leaves in the mornings. That didn't mean she liked it, though.

Chaeyoung slipped into the bathroom and changed into a comfortable outfit for class, wearing an old t-shirt because she knew they'd be painting that day. Lisa waited patiently outside the door and smiled like an idiot when Chaeyoung re-emerged.

"Someone's in a good mood," Chaeyoung giggled. Lisa just nodded.

"Yes, I kissed you," she chimed, reminding Chaeyoung of the night before.

Chaeyoung's cheeks grew red. "That you did," she laughed and ran a hand through her hair. "You can always do it again, y'know," she raised an eyebrow. Lisa's face lit up, as if she hadn't even considered the idea.

"Okay," she nodded once. Without another word, Lisa grabbed Chaeyoung's face gently and planted kisses all over her face, finally pecking her lips once before taking a step back and smiling widely. Chaeyoung's face was blood red by the time she was done. "Your turn," Lisa smiled.

"My turn?" Chaeyoung smirked. Lisa just nodded, and Chaeyoung pulled Lisa closer to her. The younger girl giggled excitedly, which made Chaeyoung's stomach flutter. She placed one hand on the back of Lisa's neck and closed the gap between them, slowly bringing their lips together.

This kiss lasted longer than their ones they'd shared before, if only by a few seconds. Kissing Lisa was different than anyone else Chaeyoung had ever kissed. The younger girl was soft and gentle, and it made Chaeyoung's heart skip a beat. They pulled apart and minutes later were interrupted by the flash of a camera.

"What the...?" Chaeyoung whipped her head around, spotting Somi peering out of her doorway. "Oh my god," Chaeyoung's cheeks grew red and she covered her face. Lisa giggled.

"Jennie and Jisoo are never going to believe this," Somi smirked, walking over to them and tucking her phone into her pocket. Lisa clapped her hands excitedly. "C'mon Chaeng, it's cute," Somi laughed and nudged her roommate. Chaeyoung took her hands away from her face and scowled at the younger girl, but couldn't hold back her smile.

"I hate to interfere, but you're gonna be late for class if you don't hurry your ass up," Somi pointed to the clock and Chaeyoung cursed under her breath. All three girls ended up downstairs, and Lisa wandered into the kitchen.

"So you two..." Somi smirked once she and Chaeyoung were alone. "How'd that come about?"

Chaeyoung shrugged, grabbing her bag from the couch. "She kissed me and it just sorta happened," she bit her lip to hide her smile when Somi clapped her hands happily. Just then, Lisa padded back into the room and handed Chaeyoung a banana.