Grateful

They had only traveled for thirty more minutes when they ran into other hunters.

One was a tall man with a lot of scars and a semi crazed look on his face. The other was a tamer looking man with very fake confidence. "Do you remember me?" Guy number one asked. Pointing his knifes at Hisoka.

Hisoka looked at the man in question with an eyebrow raised and simply shrugged. "Can't say I do!" He said. Smirking slyly. "I am togari! Instructor for last years hunter exam! And I'm going to kill you ya' son of a bitch!" He said. Raising his knifes.

"And Im Nat satsuke. And I'm gonna be fighting your little twink!" He said. Laughing at hageshi's current position. Hageshi blushed and glared coldly at the other guy. Hisoka stood there holding him smugly.

"I'm not a twink..." he said. Pouting. Hisoka smiled at him and cackled. " I beg to differ little mint~" he sang out.

Hageshi stammered a bit before flicking hisoka's ear. "I am not you stupid perv!"

just then the speaker sputtered to life. "You may now release the contestant being held. There are two groups in this room. Both competitors in both groups must battle until death or admitted defeat! If the home group wins the away group must stay in this room for the next 12 hours. Should the away group win you will be pushed forward on a direct path to the bottom of the tower with minimal obstacles. Good luck." He said, then the speaker went quiet.

Togari lunged for it. And Hage moved out of the way.
Nat and Hage leaned against the wall as they waited for hisoka's battle to end. And hot damn was it cool. Hisoka dodged the blades as if he was dancing around them in some kind of macabre tango.

He couldn't stay that lucky for long though and soon he sported a long gash on the left side of his torso. Hageshi gasped. It looked painful but Hisoka didn't stop. Not for a single second.

Then there where even more knives in the mix. Hageshi could feel the anxiety skyrocket his heart beat. Then it all just stopped. Hisoka was standing there casually holding the blades. He smirked, and next thing they all see was the mans throat become a bloody fountain.

Hageshi took a deep breath before switching places with the sadistic older man. Nat stood across from him. The man exuded arrogance.

"Well come at me little guy!" He said, spreading his arms wide. Hageshi didn't take the bait. He learned to not underestimate people a long time ago.

He kept yapping. And Hageshi slowly grabbed the knife at his thigh. Then nat ran at him. He dodged and spun around, allowing his foot to slam into the other mans back. Nat rolled and landed on his feet then turned and charged again. This time Hageshi took off his scarf and jumped up. He roped the scarf around the mans neck and tightened it when he landed on his feet. He then yanked the scarf forward and slammed the man over his shoulder and onto his stomach. While the man was winded Hageshi pinned him down and held the knife to rib. Digging it in slowly.

"Did you know there's an artery here that when pierced can cause a person to die in less than fourty five seconds. Sometimes more." He said. A small amount of blood collected on the tip of his knife. And right as he was about to stab in the man tapped on the floor. "I give up. You win." He said, gasping when the young man loosened his hold on the scarf.

Hageshi stood up and a door to another hallway opened up. Nat stood up and glared slightly at Hageshi. The young man noticed.

" why are you glaring at me?" He asked.

"They promised me that if I won, I could afford to pay for my little girls heart surgery. But because of you she's as good as dead." He said, sniffling a little.