CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Mith was gorgeous at night. The sky was a dark blue, clouds streaking the sky in light blues and purples. The stars peeking through the barrier. Phoenix loved Mith at night, especially when winter was receding into spring. The light disappeared later and later as the days began to morph and the sky was always coloured a brilliant orange as the sun set in the distance. It was beautiful.

But she had also found another reason to love the return to springtime. It reminded Phoenix of the start of her relationship with Obi-Wan. He had been an innocent Jedi Padawan and Phoenix was a girl with a dream that she was beginning to realise was never her own. But she pursued it with a fierce heart despite it all.

Her paintings, however, still took up much of her time. Which is exactly why she was prowling around the city centre when she knew that she shouldn't be outside. The city was one of the safest places she'd been but there had been some strange attacks in recent days. Not that it put Phoenix off. Even when heavy snow storms hit the city, she went out to take pictures she could use for references in paintings. The market in the dead of night was her muse and despite the attacks, she needed to get pictures.

She hummed softly to herself as she walked through. Her camera in her left hand. It was a small little device that sent the pictures she took straight to her datapad. Cameras had improved massively over her lifetime and now they looked like you were standing there. It was strange but Phoenix adored it. She didn't feel like she was losing any quality when she used a picture reference and that made her infinitely happier.

She lifted her camera up and took another picture of the abandoned square. The fountain was trickling water into the bowl. It was on a slower setting since nobody was ever around this late at night. It didn't have to be an attraction but Phoenix still thought it looked beautiful. The street lights hung overhead and gave the area a warm glow that barely penetrated the pitch-black darkness a few metres away. It was ominous and Phoenix loved it.

Ominous nights were where Phoenix thrived whether she was watching from afar or actually in them. She adored it to no end but this particular night had a strange aura to it. Phoenix didn't know whether it was a positive or negative thing but it felt strange. She walked towards the edge of the market area and then there was a strange hum and suddenly a blaster shot by her head. 

She yelped but before she could make any move, her body was slammed against the pavement, behind a stall and she let out a scream that was muffled by a hand over her mouth. She looked on, her eyebrows furrowing before she recognised the jawline and sparkling blue eyes of her boyfriend. She didn't know what he was doing here and why he had thrown her so violently. Her side throbbed from the impact and it was hard for her to hold back the tears.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his voice low and urgent as he climbed off her. Taking his hand away. Phoenix's head was throbbing and she was pretty sure her arm was scraped but the dull pain wasn't enough to overcome her confusion and panic.