chapter sixteen

     Phoenix groaned as she rolled over onto her front. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she felt the pounding in her temple. The hangover the Naboo wine caused was hitting her like a truck and she hated it. She hated the fact that she'd been drinking so much, it was ridiculous really. She shouldn't have drank that much but she just wanted to forget about Obi-Wan. It didn't work and he was the very reason she was up right now.

     Her mind was clearly too occupied with thoughts to allow her to sleep peacefully so she was now awake, hungover and wanting to do something instead of think. So, after a few minutes of rolling around in her bed in a desperate attempt to fall back to sleep which all failed. Instead, she got up and looked over at the bag, thinking for a moment.

     Painting. That's what she wanted to do. She loved painting and she hadn't done it yet. So with a soft smile on her face, she grabbed the bag from the side and walked into the study. The window had been patched up from what she remembered Obi-Wan saying as they walked home to the bar.

     So she set up the easel, dumping her tub of paint tubes onto the desk as she grabbed the paint brushes and easel. Nipping into the living space again, she stole a glass and filled it with water before she went back to the study.

     Now that the easel was set up, she realised what she wanted to paint. The Coruscant nightscape. It was beautiful and something about the night shades always gave her inspiration to paint. So she grabbed a pencil and flicked on another light before she began to draw the scape out onto the canvas.

     The canvas wasn't a large one, it was relatively small since it had to fit with her stuff that she brought but it was still enough for her to be happy. She hated painting landscapes on small canvases but that was not the case in that moment. And once she was done with the sketch she looked over at the paints.

     Then she grabbed the palette and began to squirt the blobs of paint onto it, picking the paintbrush she wanted. It wasn't long before she had completely immersed herself into the painting. The varying blue shades and dark colours reminding her of Obi-Wan. The blues reminded her of his eyes and she just couldn't help herself. Everything reminded her of him. It made her angry while simultaneously happy.

     Jax had completely escaped her now. The thoughts of him had walked out that door right by his side. They had broken up, he had left of his own choice and she was glad so she just allowed the thoughts, the guilt to slide away. She was too occupied with the anxiety over Obi-Wan to even think about him right now.

     And Obi-Wan knew she was thinking about him. He had heard her clattering about and he wanted to check in on her so he had walked into the room. By the time he got to the door she was already immersed in the painting and he didn't want to disturb her. He didn't want to make her feel bad especially after how he'd been acting the past day.