Chapter 1: Not My Child

"For the last time Simon, you're a boy, not a girl.  What did we do?  Why on earth would I let my son wear makeup.  It's that friend of yours, isn't it?"

 "Mom.  Can you please start calling me Simone instead?  I am your daughter, not your son.  I have felt this way since forever, and I have had enough." Simone yelled at her mother.

 "Your just Estar en la edad del pavo, Hijo.  You will move past this phase, Simon."  The mother yelled at her daughter.

 "It is not a phase," Simone said, "I am transgender."

 "I did not raise a sinner, Simon," Her mother dangerously spoke, "You either stop this facade of yours or get out.  Now."

 Simone flicked her short black hair as she turned to walk to the kitchen.  She shortly bounced up the stairs carrying a bottle of bleach and blue food colouring.   After slamming the bathroom door shut, she hacked at her hair until the messy textured waves she once wore were a bob.  She used the kit her mother used to dye her chocolate brown hair to pull every last pigment of colour from her hair.  She recklessly took the food colouring and drained it through her hair until she was unrecognisable.  After blow-drying her hair, she trudged stealthily into her room.

She grabbed her life's savings, her phone charger alongside a bag full of clothing then retreated to the living room.  As she reached for the door, she yelled, "Thanks for absolutely nothing, Mum and Dad."

 Her mother took this as the perfect opportunity to work on a new 'parenting technique' she picked up from the church ladies, "Good luck on finding somewhere to go." She snarled sarcastically.