Chapter 6: Love Is In The Air

Preparations were in full bloom for the wedding in the afternoon.  Everyone was getting ready to grace the registry office at 2 pm.  Joe and Angela were at the office ready to give their vows.

 The first guests began to arrive at 5 to 2.  Quinn, feeling down about not having a partner, took a seat in the back row.  Not long after, a fairly attractive girl named Jessica sat down by her and they started talking.

The marriage celebrant called everyone's attention to the front of the room and married the two of them.  As they were giving their vows, romantic music started to swell.  Following both of them saying I do, they meet in the middle perfectly.  It felt as if they were the most special people in the world as their hands collided into a fist bump.  

 Jessica, who throughout the ceremony was stealing secret glances at Quinn, leant in and kissed her at that moment.  Following the ceremony, the two of them went to the Stonewall Hotel bar and got to know each other.  Jessica, who was staying at the hotel upstairs, led Quinn into her room for the night.  After a romantic night, the two of them exchanged phone numbers and agreed to meet at Jessica's Parramatta apartment in a week to do things again.

 Feeling elated, Quinn returned and told Barbara everything about her night and Jessica.  

 "So, I was sitting next to this girl named Jessica at the wedding.  She ended up asking me out to dinner and then we went back to her hotel room.  It turns out, that her brother has Aspergers too, so she was totally okay with me being neurodiverse.  So next week, I am going to go to her place for a few days."

 Barbara, back from a date with Avery at the botanic gardens, shared her story.

 "Avery was such a cool person to be around.  After walking around the gardens, we stopped to have dinner at the cafe.  A band was playing my favourite song and they could tell because they asked me to slow dance with them.  We danced like we were little kids until our feet ached."

"Wow," Said Quinn, "That sounded like fun."

Little did they know, Bex and Simone had their own rendezvous that night.  Following the wedding, they took the ferry over to Manly beach.  Without Simone knowing, Bex grabbed a towel from her backpack before them leaving.  After Bex initiated a long conversation on  the shores of Manly beach, they skipped to the local dairy across the road to return with icecreams.

 After consuming their goods, she picked up Simone and ran with her to the water line and dropped her into the waves.  In response, Simone flirtatiously tripped Bex up so she fell into the water.  Bex ran her hand through Simone's short hair, beaming at her like the sun beams at the earth.  A small clunk sound rattled.  She had caught her ring in the zipper of Simone's dress.

 Bex, having purposely initiated every step of her plan, ripped her hand off the zipper, leaving Simone's dress in shreds, as she said, "I guess we have to stay here until it is so dark that no one will notice you wearing my towel on the ferry home."

 In the evening, Simone, still a little annoyed about Bex's advances, decided to buy herself some clothing at the local gift shop instead.  After their disagreement, they both travelled back separately.