Chapter 1

6 years ago
6th grade

"Alright class we have a new student today." Ms. Gomez announced.

Korra sat in the back of the class room with a few empty seats next to her. She was wearing a navy blue hoodie with jeans and black Nikes. She was leaning back in her chair with her arms crossed when she noticed a girl with jet black hair enter the room.

"Ok asami, why don't you introduce yourself to the class." Ms. Gomez said as she smiled at asami and sat back at her desk.

Asami was wearing a red T-shirt with blue jeans and a maroon jacket tied around her waist with white shoes. She smiled back at the teacher and began speaking.

"Hi." She started. "My name is Asami Sato, and I'm from New Jersey." She looked back at Ms. Gomez and blinked a few times. Ms. Gomez smiled and and nodded, signaling asami to go on. Asami turned back to the class with a bit more confidence and continued her introduction.

She told everyone about her father and how he was the owner of his own company which was very popular. The classroom was filled with gasps and awe as asami showed the class the latest car designs her father was currently working on.

A few minutes later asami finished and was instructed to take a seat for the rest of class. She was a little upset because class was almost over and she wanted to know her classmates a little more, but not too upset because she got to leave school a little early.

As asami walked to the back of the classnn she saw a girl with chest length, hazel brown hair, blue eyes and almond brown skin with a empty seat next to her. When asami sits down, the girl next to her speaks.

"Uh, hi. I'm korra." She says with a shy smile.

"Hi." Asami says back with a small smile.

"So, how do you like it in New York so far?" Korra asks.

"Its not what I expected but that's not a bad thing. And it's...big, like reaally big."

Korra chuckles a bit and asami joins in.

"We'll get used to it because it only gets bigger from here." Korra says as she smiled.

"I'll take your word on that." The bell rings and the class is dismissed by Ms. Gomez. "Well, it was nice to meet you korra, see ya later." Asami says walking out of class.

"Hey wait!" Korra yells out.

Asami quickly turned around as korra ran up to her.

"Do you wanna..yknow, hang out? I could show you around the neighborhood if you'd like? Korra asks with her head down, afraid of being rejected.

"Sure." Asami reply's. "I was actually thinking of going to the park later, so it'd be nice if someone came with me." Asami continued.

Korras face lit up as she smiled at asami with a huge crooked smile. "Sounds perfect." She said after a few seconds.

Asami and korra exchange numbers and walked off saying their goodbyes. They smiled at each other and went their separate ways.

Happy korrasami day❤️ they changed everyone's lives and If it weren't for them, queer representation in cartoons wouldn't be what it is today.
- Jay