six

"Hey," Jimin calls out from the couch. On the TV is a random kids' movie he absentmindedly picked out – a good choice since he isn't paying attention and is fiddling with his thumbs instead. Taehyung hums loudly in acknowledgment although his eyes don't stray from the book he's reading.

"Just... if you want or need someone to talk to, I'm here, okay?" Jimin takes a deep breath.

"About my dreams..." From his peripheral vision, he sees Taehyung snap his head up. "Promise me you'll believe me?" He doesn't even need to see whether Tae nodded or not because first of all, he knows that Tae knows when to laugh or not; and second, Taehyung abandons his book and is beside Jimin on the couch at the speed of light.

"Of course." Jimin chuckles when Taehyung holds out his pinky finger and sees the relieved softness in the younger's eyes. He curls his chubby pinky on Tae's slender one. It stays there for the rest of the talk.

"I guess I should just be blunt..?" Jimin voices out, the question more directed to himself than Tae. He chooses to focus on their intertwined pinkies as he continues. "I've been dreaming about my past life ever since I was little."

When he glances up at the other, all he sees is a tilt of the head and curiosity. Taehyung nods in encouragement and squeezes Jimin's pinky with his.

"It's ridiculous, I know. I didn't believe it too, and even when the dreams feel too real, I convince myself that it's nothing but a dream. But at the museum..." Jimin fiddles with the hem of his shirt with his left hand.

"That—that confirmed it." And then in a smaller voice, "that was me..."

Jimin shrinks in on himself in embarrassment, afraid of his best friend's reaction even though deep down he knew he had nothing to be anxious about because this is Taehyung – who, even in his past life and probably in another universe, believes in him wholeheartedly.

Taehyung moves closer so that their knees are touching, and instantaneously, anxiety leaves his body and he finds himself spilling the words from his mouth easier.

That night, when the track of tears on Jimin's cheeks is dried, he talks about lighthearted memories from his dreams.

"Your bunny boy is there by the way," Taehyung pulls away from their cuddling, looking at Jimin with stars in his eyes.

"Please tell me we're hubbies."

"Well, you're getting married next year—in the dream, okay, not in real life. Don't get delusional just cause I said that."

"Oh my god, this is a sign. I'm def asking him out tomorrow."

Jimin snorts, "really? That fast?"

"Jimin, we've been lowkey flirting with each other for a year. I'm surprised we're not married yet." Jimin scrunches his nose in fake disgust. A comfortable silence falls upon them, and maybe it's because of that, that Jimin voices out the one question he's been wondering ever since in the silence of the night.

"Do you think he's here too? Somewhere out there?" He asks inaudibly, eyes already fluttering close.

"I know so."

Jimin falls asleep with a small smile on his face, and for the first time in a while, he wakes up with one too. This goes on for days, his dreams filled with nothing but laughter from the people he's come to know. It's been a while since Yoongi appeared in his dreams, but he ignores the ache on his chest in favor of the happiness flooding through his veins every time he spends time with Haeun and her cousins.

Of course, as he should have expected, he was only being given false hope that everything would one day be fine whilst fate snatches his happiness away silently.