nine

Jimin has to force himself to attend his classes the next day and the following days, knowing that the excuse "I'm too devastated my past-life-now-dream lover left me and now I won't get to see him again" will make him sound crazy and delusional, enough to either get on the bad side of his professors or get himself sent to a mental hospital. Both options are not ideal in his opinion.

During the first nights after the revelation, Tae gruntingly lets him get away with not sleeping and tries to accompany the older as much as he can before sleep evades him. Jimin feels the most guilty when that happens, especially since he notices the eyebags on his best friend's face. However, when Hoseok calls Taehyung – his emergency contact – four days later during one of their dance club practices to inform him that Jimin fainted, the latter has to endure Taehyung scolding him when he gains consciousness and has to promise that he will sleep.

Weirdly, when he finally does sleep, there are no dreams or memories waiting for him. He's suspicious at first and is highly concerned when even after three days, there's nothing. He still hasn't told Taehyung what's gotten him all shaken up that night, but he does voice out his concern about not dreaming anymore, to which Taehyung hesitantly replies saying that maybe it's for the best.

It's not until three weeks later, on the night of his supposed wedding, that he finally dreams.

He's sitting on the bench he and Yoongi usually sit at whenever they sneak to the garden to meet, gazing at the twinkling stars above him whilst humming the tune Taehyung usually sings to him to help him sleep. This dream feels different – he notices, but he feels oddly calm and comfortable, and there's even a soft smile plastered on his face.

When he hears footsteps, he ignores it, closing his eyes instead and releasing a contented sigh.

"Jiminie?" Jimin freezes, his heart going still at the familiar voice uttering a familiar nickname. His eyes are now shot open as he whips his head to the direction of the voice in a flash, his eyes going impossibly wider when he finds Yoongi standing just a few feet away from him.

Instantly, he springs up from his seat and walks hesitantly to close the distance between them.

"Yoongi hyung? You're back..? This... this is real right?" He reaches out to touch the older's still blurred face, his foggy vision from the tears not helping him in any way. Yoongi beats him to it when he cups Jimin's face between his warm hands, and the younger unintentionally lets out a soft gasp at the gentle touch. He feels more than sees Yoongi beam at his reaction before wiping his tears away with his thumbs.

"It's time to wake up Jiminie."

"What?" His mind halts for a millisecond before the questions flush through him. Wake up? Why did Yoongi say that? Was he dreaming in his dream? But that wouldn't make sense since that never happened before. There's also something off about this dream, but he can't put his finger on what and why.

Making no intention of giving Jimin context, Yoongi pulls Jimin to place a feathery kiss on his forehead. His lips linger there for seconds until he pulls back, smiling softly while caressing his cheeks. Yoongi repeats his words.

"It's time to wake up Jiminie."

He gasps awake, bolting up on his bed with jittery nerves. Beside him, Taehyung makes a noise of confusion, asking what happened. Jimin doesn't hear any of this over the ringing in his ears though. His mind running miles per hour with only one thought: Min Yoongi.

He pulls the blankets off of him and rushes to the front door, slipping on some crocs that are too big to be his.

"Jimin where the fuck are you going at two in the fucking morning wearing pajamas when it's snowing outside?"

Jimin is already out the door when Taehyung enters the living room.