ten

Jimin is running.

Why? He doesn't know. To where? He doesn't know either. All he knows is that he can't shrug off whatever this feeling is inside him. He's not even thinking at this point since his body is moving faster than his brain ever is at the moment.

His lungs hurt from how fast he's running and because of the coldness of the air that he, weirdly, doesn't notice. He doesn't slow down every time he turns to a street or an alley and this causes him to slip multiple times, but the pain or the wet and cold snow soaking his clothes and seeping through his body doesn't register on his mind as he keeps running.

He doesn't know how long he's been running, probably around ten minutes – his mind supplies. But again, he doesn't register his body getting winded from how much sprinting he's been doing with no breaks.

He only halts when he's on a sidewalk on an isolated street. The night has reached its highest, meaning that the city is almost dead except for the lights from the buildings and lampposts and the occasional car driving by. For this part of the city – wherever he is – is a different story. There are no nightclubs or houses nearby, just company buildings. But it still doesn't mean that there's anyone outside—especially since it's snowing.

He looks around the silent street, his mind now finally partially working for him to think how ridiculous this is. His breaths come out visible even in the darkness of the night whilst he keeps spinning around on his spot to look around. He wonders why he's not running anymore and is instead rooted on the ground when abruptly, his mind halts all thoughts and his body comes to a standstill.

On the other side of the street stands Min Yoongi in the flesh. Even from a distance, Jimin can see him. His hair is disheveled like how it is when Jimin wakes up in his dream to find the older still sleeping beside him and he's dressed in more appropriate clothes for winter than Jimin is. But what catches Jimin's attention the most is his face. He can finally see his face clearly—can finally see all the little details like his naturally pouty lips, soft round cheeks, and cat-like eyes that Jimin will willingly get lost in.

He sees all these even from afar, but when Yoongi crosses the street swiftly even with the shortness of his breath, Jimin is struck by how much more beautiful he is. He hears himself take a sharp intake of breath when the older finally stops just a few inches in front of him, and holds it altogether when Yoongi's slightly warm hands cup his face to wipe the tears Jimin doesn't even know is there away with his thumbs.

"I told you I always keep my promises." Yoongi beams at him, gums on full display when he does so.

"If the time comes, I promise to come to you."

Jimin laughs at the incredulity of the man in front of him, and he voices this out saying that the only thing Yoongi did was take a few steps towards him, to which the older scoffs and places his arms on his hips, complaining about how he ran around four blocks to get to the younger.

"Well, I ran for a full ten minutes to get to you, and I don't even know where we are so where do we go from here?" Jimin sasses back, raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms in front of his chest. The older doesn't miss the movement, and he frowns when he finally notices that Jimin is wearing nothing but pajamas that are now soaked from when he fell on the snow.

Yoongi puffs out in mild annoyance, eyebrows furrowing in concern as he takes off his coat and wraps it around Jimin's shoulders, grunting about the younger catching a cold two minutes after they finally meet.

"This is weirdly anticlimactic." Jimin voices out blankly, more focused on counting Yoongi's eyelashes. Yoongi raises an eyebrow in amusement.

"You mean me, an unathletic person, bolting out of my apartment running to who knows where because of a dream and a feeling and then meeting you here is anticlimactic? I feel highly offended." Jimin giggles, his eyes forming into crescents from hearing the older complain.