Chapter 2: Family Gathering

The day of the picnic finally arrived and the girls were busy getting ready with help of Gweneviere's mother. Evangeline and Victoria have known Gweneviere ever since she was Morgana's age.

"Are you girls excited about getting to meet your siblings today?" Gweneviere's mother asked them, as she was doing Victoria's hair.

Evangeline was jumping up and down with pure happiness. "I'm super, duper excited to meet them. I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!"

Mariam smiles a soft smile at Evangeline. "Well I'm glad you're happy Princess. There you go; all done." Mariam put the last pin in Victoria's hair and smiled at her through the mirror.

Victoria smiled back. Then she started running to get her dress and shoes, as the girls were still in their nightgowns. "I can't wait to see them either. They seem nice from the stories that we've been told."

Mariam chuckled lightly at how Victoria was acting. "Princess, you might want to slow down before you hurt your sister or yourself." Mariam said gently in a motherly tone.

After Victoria found a beautiful blue and gold dress along with a pair of pretty gold flats, she started changing quickly. Mariam started working on Evangeline's hair, when all of sudden there was a loud 'thud!' When they turned around, they saw that Victoria had fallen on the floor while trying to get ready. They all shared a laugh before Mariam had to help Victoria up off the floor. Once she was back on her feet Mariam told her to stand still. Victoria obliged and Mariam pulled the rest of the dress on. "There. Now do you need me to help you put your shoes on too or do you think you've got it?" Mariam asked, looking Victoria in the eyes.

Victoria said, "I've got it. But if I fall down again, please just leave me on the floor." Mariam laughed at the six-year-old's comment. Then Mariam went back to Evangeline's hair.

Once Victoria was dressed for the day, she started frantically searching the room for her crown. "There. Your hair is done and your hair girls looks positively lovely," Mariam said as she put the last little touch on Evangeline's hair.

"Hey Eva, do you know where my crown is? I want to wear it with my outfit," Victoria asked her sister as she was still searching the room for her sacred crown. 

"No Vickie I haven't. All I know is that I have to get ready right now," Evangeline said searching her wardrobe for the perfect outfit to wear to the picnic.

While Evangeline was still searching through her wardrobe, Mariam was helping Victoria find her crown. Evangeline walked out of her closet dressed in a stunning red dress with gold trim along with matching red and gold shoes, just as Mariam and Victoria found her crown on her desk. After Victoria fixed her crown just right on her head, Evangeline put on her red and gold trimmed veil crown.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

King Uther had come to retrieve the girls from their room. He had led them out to the garden part of the palace. They were getting closer and closer to their destination when all of sudden the girls saw a handsome blonde-haired boy and a beautiful brunette-haired girl. They looked to be about the age of eleven.

The girls instinctively hid behind King Uther, but still peeked around his legs to look at the blonde boy and brunette girl. 

"It's okay girls, they won't hurt you. This is Prince Arthur Pendragon and his sister Morgana Pendragon," King Uther said to his 'daughters.'

The girls immediately beamed up when they heard this. They got in front of King Uther and started to introduce themselves.

"Hi! I'm Victoria and this is my sister Evangeline. It's so nice to finally meet you both. We've heard stories about you two." Morgana chuckled lightly at Victoria's cheerfulness.

"All good things I hope. Wouldn't want to damage my good reputation," Morgana said softly looking between Victoria and her sister.

Evangeline seemed to have caught the eye of Arthur, because it seemed all he could do was stare at her speechless.

"Who is she father?" Arthur asked his father in a whispering tone. King Uther smiled at his son's eagerness to learn who the blonde-haired girl was.

"The girls are Gaius' nieces. The blonde one is named Evangeline and the brunette one is named Victoria," King Uther said mimicking his son's whispering tone.

Morgana noticed the way that Arthur stared at the blonde-haired girl and immediately became jealous, because that meant she was no longer the most beautiful girl in Camelot. This meant their would be a completion between her and the blonde-haired girl.