Chapter 10: The Trials of Love #2

~Last Chapter Ending~

The girls were hugging each other, but the hug was cut short when Arthur and Merlin were walking towards them.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When the girls noticed them approaching, they ended the hug and started to talk with each other again. Victoria whispered in her sister's ear, "Do you know what's going on?" When Evangeline shook her head, Victoria got a twisting feeling in the bottom of her stomach.

Evangeline smiled through the uneasiness of what was going on. The girls hated when they don't know what's going on or what's going to happen. "It's going to be okay Tori. Don't worry about it," Evangeline whispered to her sister with a little uncertainty in her tone.

Victoria nodded at her sister while smiling even though she felt like she was going to throw up. Once Arthur and Merlin made it over to the girls, they relaxed a little bit. When the boys bowed, while smiling at them lovingly, the girls loosened up even more. Arthur gave the back of Evangeline's hand a kiss, while Merlin gave Victoria a beautiful rose.

Evangeline and Victoria both blushed furiously afterwards and they tried covering it up by either their hand or the rose. After the girls stopped blushing and their hearts stopped hammering in their chests, Arthur and Merlin asked them if they wanted to go for a walk.

Once the girls said yes, Evangeline took Arthur's arm and Victoria took Merlin's arm. The four walked out of the feast and came to a stop. Arthur and Merlin showed a knowing look before going in opposite directions.

At first the girls became uneasy again, but it quickly subsided when they saw where they were. Arthur had taken Evangeline to the same spot he gave her that bracelet. Merlin had taken Victoria to the dandelion garden in the castle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Arthur's POV—

I was walking with Evangeline down one of the hallways in the castle. She always looks so beautiful, even when she thinks she isn't. Over the years, I have come to grow feelings for Evangeline. I might even say that I'm in love with her.

Evangeline is an angel sent from the heavens. She is so kind, caring, sweet, good-hearted, and perfect in every way imaginable. Every time I look at her, my hearts stops and I get butterflies in my stomach. Every time she smiles, it seems like time is standing still forever. Every time she walks into a room, my world becomes so much brighter.

I want to tell Evangeline how I feel about her, but I am afraid that she won't feel the same way I do. Apparently I was thinking too much, because I was brought back to reality when Evangeline started talking to me. "Arthur are you okay?" Evangeline sweetly asked me. I looked at her with a sad, longing look at her. Then I softly said, "Yes of course I'm fine."

I looked away from her and directed my gaze to the ground. Evangeline looked over at me with a stern look and said, "Arthur Pendragon I know you. Something is clearly wrong, what's going on?"