Storyteller

People say I'm a good storyteller, so I hope I don't run out of words while recounting this fascinating story to you.
The story is about a musician who desperately needed a muse, he needed some inspiration and a reason to keep holding his guitar with pride, just like a knight holds his precious, shiny sword.

But he refused to compromise, the same way most men his age did, so finding his special princess was more difficult and complicated than you would've expected. But when he finally laid his eyes on her, the hours and the days turned into a quick lifetime. A lifetime he wouldn't trade for anything.

I only ask you to let your mind and imagination free and try to picture my princess.. And the memorable time we spent together.
My name is Tamino and this is the dissimilar, bizarre love story you've been waiting for.

It all started back on a sunny day of July. I had driven all the way to a quiet field up on a hill. The flowers were resting under the hot sun while showing off their beautiful colors and shapes.

I grabbed my guitar in its case, a piece of black fabric to dress the grass underneath my feet, a pen and a faux leather journal my mother had bought for me. Its pages were almost full by that time, but unfortunately not with beautiful, haunting words, or lyrics, they were filled with blue smudges instead.
My inspiration had jumped down that hill a long time ago, and it wasn't coming back, no matter how much time I had spent admiring the graphic scenery around me.

I was desperate and bored, bored of not being able to think of something interesting to write about. It seemed as if I had already written about everything that mattered, expect for one thing.. Real love. The kind of love that you don't wanna lose, the lover that you don't want to hurt and you pray that they won't hurt you in return. I had never written a song about that type of love, as I wasn't exactly an expert on that topic. Nobody had ever made me feel this way, I had never met a girl that was honestly looking for something like this.

You see, I was an inexperienced knight, sweeping out my heart's ashes every time women who looked like princesses, but in reality were dangerous, heartless dragons in disguise, walked into my life. Until I decided all I wanted was to keep my heart safe inside a cage, until a real muse would set it free and teach it how to beat in key.

I sat under the blue sky and closed my eyes for a second. "I wish you were real... You'd show me what being in love means, and you'd follow me to silly, unplanned trips.. And you'd look like a princess, with hair made of gold.. You'd talk to me with your big bright eyes, and you'd smile to me to make things alright... Your voice would sound like a calm stream and you'd sing my songs to me." I said to myself while picturing her. I quickly picked up my journal when her silhouette and face made their appearance in my head."Your name could be Indie, inspired by those indigo eyes.." I mumbled once again and put the pen between my fingers. I was ready to write again.

About an hour later, I was finally happy with the words I had written and I started thinking of the perfect rhythm to accompany them with. It didn't take me too long to figure it out, but as I was about to play the chords on my wooden guitar, the sound of a ukulele echoed in the distance and made me furrow my thick brows.
The melody sounded just like the one I had in mind about a second ago, and made me even more confused than I was before. There was no way somebody had copied it from me, I hadn't played it on my guitar yet. I slowly got up and tried to find where the sound was coming from. My eyes caught a blurry figure sitting about 200 meters away from me and I started walking closer.

I didn't know what I was supposed to say, or do.. Was I going to tell them "Hey, you.. You stole my song."? Probably not.. But I was mystified and I needed to find a logical explanation to what had just happened.

"Come babe, let love have this evening." a girl's singing voice made me abruptly stop walking, a small noise under my feet got her attention and she turned around to look at the person that was standing behind her, more specifically me.

"What the... What?... What's going on?" I instantly shouted as she giggled at me. There she was.. Indie. Or at least a girl identical to the one I had made up in my mind.
How was this even possible? How did she know the song I had just written? How could she be there? Real?

"You're here, I thought you'd never come..." she exclaimed and lay down on the red checkered picnic blanket.
The sun reflected on her porcelain skin, and made her look almost as yellow as her flowy skirt and the affectionate, kissing couple from Gustav Klimt's famous painting.

"What...? Who are you..? Seriously.." I managed to say, even though I was just standing there, looking extremely awkward.

"It's Indie dummy.. Sit down!" she spoke playfully as she closed her eyes and enjoyed the sun above us.

"I am not going to spend time with an 'oasis', or whatever that is... I probably just need to drink some real water... It's okay, everything's going to be alright.." I reassured myself, refusing to believe that she was actually there.

"Just sit with me.. I have cool water in the basket.." she instantly sat up and pointed at the small straw basket by the blanket. I hadn't even noticed that, until that moment.
I decided to sit down, just to feel if the fabric underneath her was real.. And if her basket had indeed some potable water, to my surprise she was telling the truth.

"I'm glad you came!" she wrapped her arms around me and made both of our bodies land on her bright checkered blanket. I peacefully lay by her side and closed my eyes, ignoring the fact I had made such an impetuous decision that could get me killed by a possible mad, psycho woman.