Reminiscence

Reminiscence

(noun)
recall to mind of a long-forgotten experience or fact.
similar: nostalgia, memories, flashbacks.

"I don't want to remember. I just want to forget."

-----------------------------------------------------------

This was requested by @Firestar11025

Topics:
Angst
Fluff

Prompt: Philza starts getting flashbacks of all the times he has been traumatized or come close to death, and locks himself in his house not wanting anyone to see the great Philza Minecraft breaking down.

Trigger Warnings (TW) : PTSD, panic attacks, and breakdowns.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Techno, I think this is way too many potions-" Phil laughed. Technoblade sometimes came very overprepared for the worst times.

"Phil, they'll never catch me with this!" He held up a slowness potion.

"Oops, one second wrong potion-"

Phil broke into laughter. Techno was a little absurd, but you gotta love the anarchist pig-human, who currently had about 27 withers stuck in his basement for the time being.

Phil walked onto Techno's balcony, preferrably to get some fresh air. Was it just him, or did the ground seem too far away? It wasn't like this last time.

"Hey Techno?"

Techno looked up from his brewing stand. It was currently brewing a night vision potion. Maybe invisibility?

"Yeah?"

"Was the ground always this far away?"

"What?" Techno asked, getting a little concerned. Today was an off-day for everyone, meaning no story scripts, just hanging around without streaming, green assholes or a certain pig being hunted by a butcher wannabe gang. He was sure the ground didn't move. Maybe Phil was just getting dizzy?

"Maybe you should sit down, Phil, I think you're getting a little dizzy."

"..Phil?"

Why wasn't he answering him?

He walked over and laid his hand on the winged man's shoulder. No response.

"Phil? Phil?!" Techno started to say more sternly, getting overly worried for his best friend. He could hear the older's breath suddenly quicken.

"PHIL!"

He was shearing at the leaves on one of the mini islands surrounding Sky City he had built on his Hardcore server. He tried to stop. He knew very well what would happen next, as if it was implanted in his mind. He saw it play out before it happened.

The bush sheared.

The arrow stuck in the bush shot him off. It had Punch II enchantments.

He fell.

And fell.

And fell.

"Philza!"

"Huh?" Phil said, still in that state of panic. He looked around frantically, before realising he was on the ground, on Technoblade's balcony, safe. He was nowhere near Sky City. Yet it felt so surreal.

"Phil, are you okay? You weren't answering me when I called your name like, fifteen times. What happened there?"

Phil looked behind him, seeing Techno, one of his closest friends, kneeling down next to him, his hand on his shoulder. He could have sworn he was standing up moments ago.