Regret Message

CatAnalyst I figured you would like this little surprise~

Ta-da! At long last! After nearly a year and a half, Regret Message is being released. I hate how my words in the original Daughter of Evil said that it would take a year to write Regret Message and here we are.

No art of RM!Riliane!Angelica yet, but I wanted to get this out. Stay tuned for the art later on!~

————

Far away at the shore, in a town beside the sea,
Alone, stands a girl staring longingly...

      The gentle sounds of gray whitecaps hitting against the dark purple, almost black, sand was the most apparent sound in the isolated cove.
      Though, the space wasn't empty.
      In the center of the sea cavern, was a young lady.
     She stood tall, holding her poofy chocolate hair behind her ears as an empty wind blew at her face, which helped the somber waves lap at her ankles.
      The girl stared out into the emptiness of the new realm she resided in, her expression holding onto an empty, guilty sadness as she stared away into the unknown, the lukewarm dark blue water never letting up at her feet.

It is here, at the shore, that she holds unto her chest,
A secret she dare never speak...

     The girl stayed silent as she stared on, her arm gently lifting upward. It continued until her fingers grazed a gentle light brown yarn necklace, with a small glass bottle hanging from the center.
      The bottle was closed with a cork, where the yarn was holding it through a small hole embedded in the small brown cork.
      And inside? A small piece of a paper; rolled up like a map.

"If you write a wish upon a paper,
And you place it into a glass bottle,"

     The girl toyed with the small battle for a minute, her mind racing.
      She was unable to keep her thoughts a rest. There was too much to think about to let her have a clear mind.
      And on top of this, none of her worries were of the present or future.
      They were all of the past.
      This girl who was standing in the oddly colored sea cavern, before her days of living inside this new realm, is Lady Angelica, Princess of Torren.
     Or... she was, these days.
     Of course, the people who lived in this odd realm still called her by her nobility name out of respect.
      But Angelica, personally?
      She dropped the name as soon as she got settled in the new place.
      At this point, she loathed the title.
     The title, "Lady Angelica", was now a gold mine of evil and horrible memories for the ex- monarch.
     Lady Angelica on the surface was a beautiful, strong monarch.
      But underneath? She was a bloodthirsty monster.
      A "Daughter Of Evil", as the masses called her.
      The words stung her as she thought about them now, but then?
      She wore them as proudly as one of her tiaras.
      It was unknown to Angelica why she felt so differently now. She had always chalked it up to now having the time to reflect on all of her decisions from the past few years of her life.
      As sole ruler of Torren.
      Her iron fist rule.
      How much loathing her subjects had towards her.
      Her Royal Court.
      And Miette.
     At the thought of the Mew-human, Angelica immediately began to quake with emotion.
      Angelica's lips quivered as tears began to form and quickly overflow her lower eyelids as the young girl tightly grasped the glass bottle around her neck.
      "Oh, Miette..." Angelica croaked from her closed throat.
      More silent tears fell as the mourning in Angelica's heart never ceased. The memories of her beloved Miette were as strong as ever, and it only caused Angelica to grip the bottle harder, her heart aching in sadness.
      There was indeed more of a reason that Angelica had come to the cove than cry over her past life.
       She had come to let go of a wish.
      The girl sniffled gently as she gently removed the necklace from her neck, making sure not to tear the string.
       More tears pooled from the former Royal's eyes as she took one long, final look at the glass container, the words written inside playing over and over inside her ears as she closed her eyes in thought.
      "I wish... to fix my past sins. For everyone at home to forgive me. And last, but certainly not least, for the lives taken at my expense, from a simple country man to Miette, to rest in peace."
      These words, though unspoken, and never will be, continued to press harshly against Angelica's conscience.
      A few more tears fell from her eyes as they reopened. Angelica sniffled one last time before crouching down into the incoming surf, her dress beginning to pool around her as she descended towards the dark water and sand, the bottle in her hand, and the string hanging from it.