24- Thanksgivin'

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

"How do you feel?"

"Lost," She stated without hesitation.

Monique looked up from her notebook.

"What do you mean?"

Curioss chuckled and shook her head, "You really want me to answer that?"

She placed her notebook down and sat up in her office chair, "Try me."

"With nothing but darkness surrounding me, I try to find a light, hoping that it would lead me back but no matter how many times I close my eyes wishing that this is all apart of a dream, the more I learn that it's not."

"You're not lost Curioss and even if you were, there are people who love and care for you and they are willing to lead you back."

"What if I don't want them to?"

"Stop it,"

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Stop what?"

"Acting like it's nothing when it's something, I don't know everything you've been through, I only know what you allow me to but what I do know is that you are not weak."

You are not weak.

Those four words rang through her head as she stared at her therapist. She needed that, it was a reminder of all the struggles she faced and how she delt with them.

I am not weak.

"Listen Curioss, in order for me to help you I'ma need you to open up to me, I know you have a hard time doing so which is why there's no need to rush into anything,"

"Could you pass me the bake potatoes sweetie?" Ma'Gem looked over her shoulders and shot her a smile.

She returned the smile and dismissed this morning's session with Monique.

"You good?"

"Yes I'm fine," She sat down the pan of bake potatoes on the kitchen's counter.

"You know it's okay to not be good, you don't have to pretend all the time,"

Curioss lightly chuckled, "It's Thanksgiving and I'm surrounded by my love ones, trust me when I say I'm good."