sixteen

##~*

"y-you what?" sunghoon's eyes widened.

y/n gulped. her hands started shaking like crazy, was she that nervous?

she slowly nodded. "i like you.."

sunghoon drifted his eyes towards the trees around him. how does one react in a situation like this?

y/n started to think this was a bad idea. he wasn't responding. does he.. not like her back?

she looked down at her fingers. "can you say something?" she asked quietly.

he cleared his throat. "well.. umm.."

it's like he forgot how to confess his feelings. he did it before very smoothly with no issues. why is it so hard to just say those words to.. her?

he didn't know what to do in that moment. everything felt weird. but he did want to tell her how he felt.

"i.." he felt his lips tremble.

"i-i got to go!"

##~*

"you're so stupid."
he pointed at the reflection in the mirror.

sunghoon stared at himself, wanting to rip every single strand of hair off his head.

why did he run off like that? is he stupid? what will she think now? she's going to think he doesn't like her! SHE MIGHT EVEN THINK HE USED HER FOR HIS SATISFACTION!

he shut his eyes and took in a deep breath.

maybe he could meet up with her now?
but wouldn't that be a little odd?

over the phone?
nononononono DEFINITELY NOT.

tomorrow?
at SCHOOL?

no, after school.

BUT WHERE?

the café?
outside school?
ice rink?
his house?

NO!

he groaned in annoyance and ran his hand through his hair.

##~*

"DID I RUIN EVERYTHING?" y/n screamed at the top of her lungs, sitting in front of the window.

"why did he not respond?"

"does he not like me back?"

"UGHHHH I HATE EVERYTHING!" she banged her head on the wall repeatedly to 'punish' herself.

she looked back out the window and sighed. she felt both angry and upset. every negative feeling was practically consuming her.

she started tearing up, "why did i think he liked me back?"

"he kissed me though.. why would he kiss me?"

##~*

weeks. weeks passed.

the weather was now much warmer. no jackets, no snow.

rumours started spreading. everyone believed y/n and sunghoon broke up due to how distant they were acting.

but the two never actually revealed anything. though it did seem as if they 'broke up.'

y/n sighed as she walked through the entrance doors. no one staring at her anymore, which was a good thing.

she went to her locker and proceeded to get her things. just a regular day of school.

she closed her locker and turned around, starting to walk towards her class.