Sick

Diana:

"Fuck." I took the temperature stick out from under my tongue. 102 F. I mean I can't just miss school. I mean what will I do all day? I'm going to class.

I got dressed and headed out of my room "Hey, I'm going to Class early, see you there in a bit?" Barbra screeched signalling she heard me and Hannah gave me a thumbs up.

I walked down the hall feeling horrible. "Fuck this. I should have just stayed in bed but school comes first I guess" I don't have to energy to care about my posture nor to do anything about it.

"Hey Di!" I hear Akko yell at me from down the hall. "Hello-achoo- Akko" i took a handkerchief out from my bag and whipped my nose. "What's wrong? You don't look to hot Babe" "gee. Thanks" "you and I both know what I meant, anyways why are you going to class?" She feels my forehead with the back of her hand "your burning up, you might have a fever." Akk grabbed my arm and made me face her.

"I'm fine. I just need to get to class." I continued to walk down the hall "but babe- you need rest, you need to get better, the faster you get better the sooner I can kiss you" a heat raised to my cheeks, and not because of my current sickness.

"Atsuko, you know I would love nothing more than to be able to get better for you but sadly I do not have that luxury." Akko looked at me disappointedly "you know how I feel when you call me that. Plus I don't get why you don't have that luxury."

"Come onnnnn" "no. I need to get to class." I walked into the classroom, a few students were scattered around in their respective seats.

"Mrs.cavendish. What are you doing here?" "What do you mean ma'am, if I m- achoo" I wipe my nose with a napkin "if I may ask" "you are very clearly sick, I don't see it needed for you to be here." "I don't see illness as an excuse to not show up to mandatory class time, unless you are extremely ill" "well, I order you to your dorm"

"I Beg your pardon?" I stare at her in disbelief. I can't believe she might kick me out because of this "go to your dorm, I understand ms. Kagari is fit to take care of you?" "Yea ma'am, bu-" "no buts, I will contact both of your teachers that you two will be out for the rest of today."

"Can do mrs.teach" Akko shots the teacher a few finger guns and pulls me into the hall. "Told ya! Now let's get you into bed" she grabs my arm and drags me all the way to my dorm.

"Ok babe, go lay down and I'll make get ready done ice cream" she leans down to kiss me but I stop her "babe" she pouts "what" she whines "I'm sick, we don't need you catching something " "I'm fine with getting sick" "no- go get done food from the fridge, I'll put in a movie and ready the bed." "Ughhhh fine" she kisses the back of my hand and winks at me. I feel my face start to heat up so I push her away from my room.

I put on a studio Ghibli movie and get into my bed. "Hey, what do you want in your tea, honey?" "Uhm, I'll have some sugar, thanks love." "I meant do you- would you like honey in your tea?" "Oh- yup. Yes please" god. Of course she was asking if I wanted Honey. Why would she call me honey?

She walked into my room with tea. "May I have my tea?" "not quite yet" "pleaseeee"  "Dia, I'm not giving you anything quite yet, you need to take your medicine with the tea." "Fine" she put down the stuff and I made a quick mission to get a cracker off the table.

I make my way out of bed and quietly tip toe all the way to the table on the other side of my room. "Shit" i grumble under my breath, tripping over a stack of books on the floor. I grabbed a cracker off of the plate and made my way half way through the room when I heard Akkos foot steps.

"Di" shit. Shit. Shit. I jumped into bed and pulled the blanket over me. I stuffed the cracker in my mouth as she walks in. "Ok do I have some medicine, a few blankets and movies. I have a couple pillows and books you might like." "Neat" I said muffled, not yet swallowing the Cracker.

"Diana." I swallow the cracker "yes?" "Did you grab a cracker when I was gone?" "Pshhh nah" "bloody hell Dia." She tucks me in and grabs the tray. "Now your gonna take your meds." "Kk." She's kinda cute when she's annoyed."Ok here is your pill and over there is your liquid medicine I'll give you in a sec."

I take the pill and swallow it with the help of my tea. Fucks sake. "Ot" "what?" "O ot ahcko" "its to hot?" "Yuh" "ok, I'll get you some water.

Akko:

She's pretty adorable when she's sick. She's so vulnerable, I like seeing her like this, feeling like I can protect her. "Ot" "what?" "O ot ahcko" shit. "It's too hot?" "Yuh" "ok, I'll go get you some ice water."

I walk out of the room and straight into the little makeshift kitchen they made in their dorm. I grab a pitcher of water and Ice, I put some of the ice in a glass cup and pour in the water quickly. I quickly go to her room and give her the water.

She moans when she drinks the water. "Ank ou" she says before swallowing the drink. "Ok, now it's time for the other medicine."  She slightly nods but pouts. Cute. She shoots back the medicine in one go and takes in half of her water.

Diana pulls me onto the bed almost on top of her "come." She hugs me and passes out in point two seconds. I can't help but to love the warmth of her arms around me and to enjoy her smell.

"Thank youuuuuuuuuu, your cuteee" she says after waking up from the nap, I guess the medicine is affecting her "that you soooOooo much for taking care of me."  "Always, babe" "your pretty" oh. I guess she's almost as childish as I am when she's drunk on meds, I wonder how she is when she's drunk-drunk.

I went into the kitchen and made a couple of sandwiches. I brought them into the bedroom and got back into bed. "Thankssss" she kissed me on the cheek.

We laid down on the bed and I turned off the tv. I put on some soothing music. We both passed out.

Words: 1162