Anniversary Part 1

Dai's Pov

I woke up feeling a lot of things. On one hand I felt relieved that my father didn't hate me for being the reason he lost his life even though a big part of me still blamed myself. I even felt determined to make my fathers dream to make this world better come true. On another hand I felt  a lot of pressure to not fail. Well this isn't the first time I had pressure on me. I've been dealing with pressure my whole life.

I heard a knock on the door "Come in". I thought it was going to be my mom but it turned out to be my maid. "Himari I didn't know you were back from the mist village. " I said shocked.  Himari had been my family's maid since she was old enough to be one.  She helped my father grow up and even though she was a maid she's  considered family. She was truly a soft spoken lady who always spoke kind words. "I just got back 3 days ago, I'm sorry for the intrusion Dai-sama". She said as she bowed. "you don't have to be so formal all the time Himari we're family". I said as I smiled.

"It's good to see you being your usual self especially on this day Dai-sama" She said as she looked down sadly. My dad's death hit her hard after and she ended up going to the mist village to stay with some family. "Today's still going to be hard but as weird as this sounds a nightmare allowed me to get a new perspective". 

She smiled "What do you plan to do today before the ceremony". 

" I-" "My family doesn't pay you to chit chat all day, you came back to do your job Hamari I expect you to do it".  I looked up and seen the man I did not want to see today.

"I-I'm sorry Lord Riku I'll leave immediately" She said as she bowed and left my room in a hurry.

"You need to apologize to Hamari now" I said  getting out of  my bed very pissed off to say the least.

"That is not how you speak to your uncle and  leader of your clan  but because of how hard this day is for all of us  I'll let it slide just this once". He said as he glared back at me. My uncle was a lot older then my dad was as he was in his late 40's. After my grandma died 5 years ago he became the leader of the clan and made it a lot more strict to the point where I couldn't have friends. Every since then it seems like he's been trying to groom me into a future leader of the clan. Only problem with that is he wants me to be too perfect so he tries to control every aspect of my life.

"I don't give a damn what you think".  I tried to walk past him but he grabbed my wrist and glared at me and I glared back. I knew if we got into a fight he could easily defeat me but I didn't think about that. I had too many emotions I was feeling to think straight. Before I could do anything stupid I heard someone clear their throat. I seen my mom glaring straight at both of us. 

I gulped and started sweating excessively. My uncle just let go of my wrist and grunted.  We both went down the stairs and set in one of the living rooms.

"Mom can you tell me what he's doing here" . She folded her arms  and then answered " Your uncle and I came up with a agreement isn't that right Riku?"  I looked at my uncle and saw that  he looked like someone just kicked his cat. He looked at me "If you can promise me that you will be safe (sigh) I guess you won't need your bodyguards for today". My face lit up, one of my biggest problem with my uncle was that he kept bodyguards around me at all times. My bodyguards were like emotionless robots that enforced my father's strict rules wherever they went. The people in the village are scared of them which makes most scared of me. 

"You serious" He just glared at me. "Nevermind your always serious thanks Lord Riku". I said the last part sarcastically and then realized I'm probably pushing my luck too far. "Thanks Lord Riku" I bowed to him more serious this time. "Just remember your not a regular kid, your apart of the founding family of the Raijin clan one of the strongest clans in the world. You have a reputation to uphold". Wait what I didn't realize I wasn't some normal kid already  with the mansion, multiple maids,  bodyguards, and everybody treating me like the I'm some type of prince. I thought to myself. "Yeah I know".