Chapter 1 - 7

Previously:
"A charm against cheating? An ancient king's mirror? Or, maybe some cursed tarrot cards?" The man who introduced himself as Sam guessed whatever we needed.

"Wha-!? You startled me!" Grim exclaimed obviously shock from his tone and his expression.

-------

«𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐲𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭»

《Chapter 1 - 7 : Faulty Bad Guys, New Side?》

"Um... We would like to buy the things written on this note." Deuce said handing Sam a small piece of paper.

"And I also want some canned tuna!" Grim said earning a firm "No." from Lucian.

"What do we have here~? Fresh cream and eggs... Oh, my! What a pretty sweet line-up~!" Sam replied to the list of things handed to him.

"OK! I shall bring them now." Sam said as he hurried to fetch the said items.

"Whoa... Will he really have some here?" Deuce asked.

While the shop clerk was away, Lucian and Deuce we're waiting patiently while looking at the items displayed in the shop.

"Here, Thank you for the wait. It is rather heavy, so are you sure you can carry them all?" Sam asked.

"If you act now, I could throw in a special bag to carry all of those things for 30% off it's original price~!" He suggested with a business smile.

"What did you say? Hey, that sounds interesting~!" Grim chimed in.

"W-we'll have to decline! Let's go, Grim, Lucian." Deuce hurriedly declined before we paid for what we bought.

"But why!? I wanna play more~!" Grim whined, he was held by Lucian as he kept squirming out of her hold.

"OK, OK. Than I shall be waiting for your return, lost little lambs! Bye~!" Sam bid us fairwell before we left with a smile.

Main Street

"That was a very amazing shop, in a way...." Deuce said.

"Boo, you're so stingy, Lucian." Grim said with a bored gaze.

"How about kicking you out of the dorm?" Lucian asked in a threatening way.

"Ffgn- Actually, Never mind what I said earlier.." Grim replied sulking not wanting to be kicked out of the place he slept in before going to school.

"Umm, Lucian, the bag with the canned fruits is heavy, isn't it? I'll hold it for you. I'm experienced with carrying heavy loads." Deuce told Lucian offering to help.

"You seem to be used to shopping, aren't you?" I asked after refusing his kind help.

"Yeah, Mother always takes me with her during period timed sales. She buys a lot, so I end up helping her with the bags." Deuce explained from his experience with his mother.

"I'm the only man In the family, so I'm used to helping with hard labor. Ah, I'm sorry... I kept talking about myself." Deuce told his story before he realized how much he was talking and so apologized.

"It's alright. you're kind of amazing, helping your family out. I'm kind of jealous..." Lucian told Deuce before muttering the last part to herself with melancholy in her eyes which went away as quick as they came.

"No, that's not true at all. I... Mother was..." Deuce explained what really happened but was stopped by something unexpected.

Bump!