•Chapter eight•

^^ Above is what I imagine Marisol looking like.

It had been two days since I had been affectionately kidnapped by dear Brute. I was still tied to the tree and my behind was as sore as ever. Not to mention the cramps in my arms and legs. Oh my. Such hospitality!

As usual, Brute took off wherever it was he went and it was then that it happened.

Crunch

Crunch

Crunch

Seeing as I was still tied to the tree --and no, I hadn't been tied to the tree for two whole days. Brutie dear allowed me to walk around...mainly for excretion but still, he was a gentle soul--I wasn't able to see who that was. It would be too early for dear Brute to be back but hey, maybe he decided it's time to get rid of me if y'know what I mean.

The first thing I saw was a pair of legs, some knees, a torso... and a head that I would like to hack off.

The species of humankind that called itself Paul reared its ugly head.

He glanced at me, he almost seemed unconscious of his left arm making its way to his nape before he pulled it down quickly.

"I uh," Paul began. "I need you to come with me."

"You know what?" I said, "I think I'm perfectly fine with Brute. At least he treats me like a decent human being."

"He has you tied up against a tree." Paul said slowly, gesticulating with his hands. "So much for decent." He muttered under his breath.

"I get breaks! Breaks!"

Paul's gaze bored into mine, his visage turning serious. "Cariño, I--"

"My name is Marisol." The bite in my tone causes him to wince.

"--Marisol, I need you to come with me."

I took a deep breath.

"What kind of bone-headed, moronic idiot do you take me for! You come into my life, pretend to be my friend, kidnap me, I get kidnapped by some other dipsidoodle, you come along and you're asking me to come with you! For your information, I have something called dignity and a brain!"

He glanced behind him quickly. "And I'm sorry--"

Oh, I wasn't done with him. "You're sorry!--"

"--Yes and I really need you to come with me."

"And why, pray, would I do that?"

"You just have to trust me."

"Trust you! The last time I did that I ended up halfway to Canada!"

Paul inhaled. "Marisol, what could I possibly say to get you to come with me?"

"Nothing."

"Are you trying to tell me you'd rather stay here with him," Paul jerks his thumb behind him. "Than come with me? Is that how little you trust me?"

Oh no, he was not pulling that crap! "You seem to be forgetting the detail that you kidnapped me! You drugged me then you put me in some carriage on its way to Canada!" I spat. "So forgive me if I find it difficult to trust you!"

"What if I told you I knew where your father was?"

I stilled.

Paul took my silence as an encouragement to continue. "Your father--"

"My father is in the States, Paul." I said. "I don't know who you're talking about but my parents are alright if I remember correctly."

At this point, I had calmed down considerably. But he was in no way off the hook.

Hi hi hiiii...this is it! I apologise for the long wait and I hope to reduce that. How did you like this chapter? Don't forget to vote by pressing the little star on the bottom left of the page as it helps undiscovered writers like moi get noticed. Also don't be shy to leave a comment. I honestly want to know what you think. I accept critiques too :) Stay blessed and stay safe.

-B